NJ family now in Newton!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by wolfsburg2, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wolfsburg2

wolfsburg2 New Member

Hello GP! We are a family of 4 and we've just moved down to Newton County from NJ. We brought with us a white christmas, (you're welcome). I'll be getting my GWL very soon and was recommended to come to GP for the skinny. I'm more interested in home and family protection I think than actually carrying, at least for now. I'm still brainwashed WRT carrying weapons openly so give me some time. I'll be reading a lot and asking some newb questions over the next few months.

Tim B brought me here so blame him anytime my liberalness oozes too much.

Mike P

2. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

I grew up in Monmouth County. The south is a breath of fresh air. Welcome!

3. 69953

69953 Guest

Welcome! Glad you're here!

4. wolfsburg2

wolfsburg2 New Member

I'm loving the weather and lots of other things already. 3 weeks in and we are very happy with the move. It is a bit of a big change for us Northern folks :)

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Welcome! I'm a transplanted New Yorker. Been here 25+ years and I don't miss the northeast EXCEPT for the snow during the Christmas season, when all the houses are decorated and the lights reflect off the snow and give a "glow" to the whole street.
    Red Georgia mud just doesn't have the same effect.

I'll bet that during your time in NJ, you were around people carrying guns more often than you think. But they kept their weapons fully concealed and you just didn't know. Maybe they had permits, and maybe some people didn't.

Anyhow, welcome South.

6. wolfsburg2

wolfsburg2 New Member

I lived in NY for 5 minutes or so, my mom and siblings still do, upstate. I am sure I've been around some people carrying. I am also sure I'll grow accustomed to the differences in the mindset RE: weapons.

7. Swamper

Swamper Member

:welcome: from Marietta.

You will find Southern style anything, a breathe of fresh air.

:righton:

8. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

welcome to The South, otherwise known as Heaven.... :righton:
    Learn to like grits and talk like us and you'll be just fine. And one other thing.....all soft drinks are referred to as COKE....they're not pop or soda drinks. "Let's go get a coke" might mean that you intend to purchase a Sprite for consumption purposes.

9. shamalama

shamalama New Member

... be careful ...

... there are folks in Rockdale/Newton that carry firearms in public ...

:ninja:

10. SaltySamurai

SaltySamurai New Member

Welcome from a fellow carpet-bagger.

I grew up in Middlesex County and went to high school in Edison. Been down here for 13 years and have no plans to go back.

Yeah, you'll miss good diners, pizza, bagels, and pork-roll,egg & cheeses........but Waffle House is a worthy substitute.

And also, less restrictive gun laws!

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I'm confused. Your family never leaves the home? :?

Welcome! :D

12. wolfsburg2

wolfsburg2 New Member

I refuse your invitation to debate! JK.

I understand, at least I am trying to, the benefits of carrying. It is a mental adjustment though. It's a state of mind I'm sure I'll continue to evolve into as I become more comfortable with my surroundings, and with a weapon in general.

Middlesex County boy huh!?! I grew up in Avenel/Woodbridge. I'm very familiar with the area and the Central Portion of the State. My BIL is actuall a teacher in Edison.

Waffle House is great, it has quickly become a favorite destination.

13. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Welcome. Please consider giving a look to GeorgiaCarry.Org as well. These great freedoms we have here in Georgia didn't get here over night. We would always love a new member.

14. wolfsburg2

wolfsburg2 New Member

Will do KK, my referrer to GPDO is a member.

15. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

16. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

Glad to have you aboard bud. I think I've got something in my eye...

17. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

Carrying just takes some getting used to. I felt the same way when I first started. I'd go ahead and get started on the GWL process ASAP though so you'll have it when you are ready.

Oh yeah, :welcome:

18. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

welcome i grew up in plainfield nj i escaped that commie state and i love it here