NJ Failed Assassination Attempt Video

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Of course, YOU can't carry in NJ.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Video is black for me. :(

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Gotta give the officer there some respect. He reacted very quickly with his own deadly force.

4. M249

M249 New Member

Glad the officer survived and got the bad guy.

I will never live where I can't carry.

5. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I do think the shooter got that memo.

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I try to avoid visiting states and cities where I can't carry.

7. tace

tace New Member

They asked when it will end? Well, this is Newark, NJ, it doesn't supposed to end. It's one place in NJ where the whole state has written the place off. There is a reason they call it "The Armpit (or more affectionatly the *&(hole) of America." This is the same place that is the car theft capital of US.

The corrections guy's reflexes were pretty good. So was his aim. I guess you got to be when you live in Newark.

8. SilentGhost

SilentGhost New Member

And he didn't get in trouble for shooting at him while he was running away? :jawdropper:

9. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

looking or the CO the guy couldn't shoot.....listen to the guys arrest record....

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

If someone shoots at me, I wouldn't consider myself as having "stopped the threat" with return fire until they were on the ground and not moving.

Someone turning to run is NOT the end of the confrontation.

The prison guard was quick on his feet and looks like he did very, very well under fire.

11. budder

I honestly don't know what I'd do. I think I would be with you, since a guy running away might be trying to get a (bigger) gun out of his car or bring his pals back with even more weaponry. I do know that shooting someone in the back won't look good legally, though. :( Whatever happened to the victim's rights?

12. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

The guy already shot at him once.

As long as he still has a gun in his hand, he’s a threat, regardless of which way he’s facing.

13. budder

Sure, he's a threat to me. I don't know if he's a threat to the jury. Hence the problem. I think I'd shoot in this particular situation, but who knows what I'd do when it just comes down to it. If there's one thing that the (little) FATS training I did taught me, it was that a little hesitation can easily become a lot of hesitation, if you catch my drift.

14. SilentGhost

SilentGhost New Member

I was just stirring the pot a bit. I would have returned fire as well. If somebody fires a shot at you then of course you should return fire. Like was stated above, who's to say that they are not going to turn around and come back to try and do it again?

15. albundy

albundy Guest

again and again

It is so commonplace today, "had an extensive criminal history" but still out on parole and doing the same crimes as before. Is there any way a judge or parole board can be held libel for their actions?

16. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Wow, I just now watched that. There is no doubt that this thug had this one fellow in mind for sure. "Assassination" is perhaps a strong word. From the American Heritage Dictionary:

To murder (a prominent person) by surprise attack, as for political reasons.

While this security guard's life is no less precious than anyone, he is not a prominent person and was not likely targeted for political reasons, but rather simply for a heaping dose of garden variety revenge.