NJ again. Arrested for an Airsoft pistol.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by RecoveringYankee, Dec 21, 2010.

1. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2010 ... oft-pistol

Yes, NJ actually considers a bb gun to be a firearm, and a FOID is required to possess one.

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

:screwy:

3. rashley

rashley New Member

That makes no sense... shouldn't it have to have "fire" of some sort to be a "firearm"? :roll:

4. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

in an airsoft considered a bb gun?

I remember then getting into a 'firefight' with a girlfriend in a Korean department store when she was stationed over there with airsoft guns. I had the mp5 and she had the ar15. We bought them when the store manager got mad at us.

It started when I pulled the toy out of the box. Wondering if it would hurt, I shot myself in the palm of the hand. It did hurt. There she is laughing at me, asking how bad did it hurt. Well she was wearing shorts so I showed her.

Next thing she has the ar15 and we are playing tag with them going aisle to aisle. A security guard tries to get us to stop and when I went around behind him Laurie kept shooting! Oops. Wel we bought the toys and were asked not to come back....lol

That is just a silly law, they are toys.

5. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

My cousin got fired from the Starbucks on Brainard Rd. in Chattanooga because he was showing his friend his 1911 style bb gun in the parking lot. Absolutley rediculous.

6. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Incidentally, I am guessing that

is the card a firearm must carry in order to identify itself.

7. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Why anyone would choose to live there is beyond me.

8. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 New Member

+1 that is simply an asinine and insane law.

9. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

The toll roads are fantastic!

10. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I ask my sister that question all the time. Her answer is because she can't afford to live in NY. :roll: I know we taught her better.

11. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

oh and you cant pump your own gas either!

silly liberals...

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

And because they think the entire rest of the country is like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfq5kju627c

Except for Chicago, which is like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofEVUDv4eL4

California is too far away (and besides, you have to bring dope or they won't let you in) and Florida has minimum age restrictions.

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I lived there for exactly 12 months (the term of my apartment lease) - moving there for a job and leaving there realizing that no job was worth suffering through that. Can't pump your own gas, can't get car insurance, surrounded by demilitarized zone like Newark and Trenton, roads are horrible, ridiculously high taxes, retarded gun laws that prohibit any citizen from defending themselves (pretty sure even mentioning the word 'gun' is a $1,000 fine or something), housing that cost 5 times what it costs here, etc. I still have to go back there to Fairfield (another demilitarized zone, but this one is special as it is where they filmed the Sopranos) every now and then for business and I cringe at the thought. I still debate which is worse: looking at the thugs outside my motel room while I rub that empty spot where my 1911 should be, or going through the Atlanta TSA boys to get there. Either way, it feels like a double raping each time...

14. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

RedDawn, I have a new perspective of you after reading that post.

15. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

It isn't poetic, but it is an accurate descriptive. I only hope it doesn't become a literal foreshadowing.

16. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

The underground in NJ should make a bumpersticker

"You can't own a gun here unless you have a good @sshole surgeon"

17. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

I spent the night in Newark once. Once!

Plane arrived late at Newark International (thanks Continental!) Airport was almost deserted. When I finally found someone who could help me I got a voucher for a hotel room.

The shuttle took me thru an unimpressive industrial area, and finally to a very nice Holiday Inn. It was, however, surrounded with a tall cement block wall with barbed wire at the top! It even had a guard and guard shack at the entrance (didn't check to see if it had the retractable spikes in the driveway...)

Needless to say... I never left the hotel until the shuttle came the next morning!

Haven't flown Continental since, either...