Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on the busiest shopping day of the year I am trying to sell some guns. However when calling the NICS operations number I get a message saying somthing like this "The NICS system will be temporarily out of service due to technical problems, please try back later" It's been like that for at least 3 hours now. So we can only sell guns to people with GFL's/GWL's today, and I am assuming that is the same for every other gun shop. So right now thousands of gun stores are losing money because they can't do background checks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
that's terrible for you.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Mike From Philly 3 said:
Since the trend of NICS checks always peaks during the holiday season, I would say this is intentional.
:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I wonder if someone could be in the position to challenge the constitutionality of requiring a NICS check... since they were not a prohibited person, yet they were denied the right to get a weapon because the system didn't work. You are only allowed to sell to people that have paid a tax on their right.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
It Does sound like a familiar refrain. I would almost swear there's a thread about something similar happening before.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
THEIR SYSTEM IS UP AND RUNNING RIGHT NOW!!!!!

ED'S PAWN IN STOCKBRIDGE IS ON HOLD WITH THEM NOW WITH A CUSTOMER :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Tech5 said:
THEIR SYSTEM IS UP AND RUNNING RIGHT NOW!!!!!

ED'S PAWN IN STOCKBRIDGE IS ON HOLD WITH THEM NOW WITH A CUSTOMER :righton: :righton:
Figures, y'all are always on the ball.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts