Nick's Guns and Range (formerly Ed's)

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Adam5, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Ed's Guns and Range in Marietta was bought out a month or two ago. The old owner used to have some of the highest prices I've ever seen. I looked there last summer for a Glock, and they wanted $559 for a G17 !! Well, the new owner is the exact opposite. I bought my PPK from them yesterday for $460, the cheapest in town by $80. Glocks were $479, again the lowest prices I've seen in a local store. The staff there was VERY busy at the time I was there, but they were friendly and as soon as I walked to the counter they acknowledged that I was there and appologised for my wait. They also had a nice selection of new and used firearms, including alot of long guns.

If anyone is looking for new firearm, I would reccomend them. Their number is 770-425-8461.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I'll have to check them out again. I was there last September and I thought that the people were pretty rude. Maybe it was just the day I went in. It was busy at the time.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I forgot to add that they didn't charge a 3% premium for using a credit card. I have had a few local dealers add that to the price marked on a gun.

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

They're ok. Sometimes they can seem rude and I don't appreciate being asked for my DL# when I sign in for the range (I don't give them a real number). Also, their range is getting more and more run down by the day. It needs an overhaul. (Yes, I know they did a bunch of work to it after the fire)

BUT, their prices are ok and they are usually pretty courteous and helpful. Also, that chick that works there doesn't know a damn thing about guns.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

chick

This girl packs a pair of 38s and you're saying she doesn't know anything about GUNS? :lol:

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Re: chick

Ugh

[​IMG]

7. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

Was there today at lunch. The range definitely could use some work, but it is cheap...I was in there for about an hour, maybe a little less, and got out for $11 including 3 targets...brought my own ammo, eyes, and ears.

It does worry me a little that the ventilation does not seem that great. The only other range somewhat convenient for a lunch time visit for me is Hot Shots, but they restrict fire to one shot per second.

8. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

Ed's/Nicks is just down the road from me...

is their rifle range opened back up?? I guess I could call them but then I couldn't interact with you fellas :lol:

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I think so, but don't hold me to it.

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Yes, it's open. I used it a few weeks ago.

11. willy.45

willy.45 New Member

Rifle range down again, some other moron shot something that took it out of service. +1 about the ventilation, should have seen the black crap I blew out of my nose Thursday eve after a 30 minute shoot. I may start wearing a dust mask at least, if not a resporator and goggles............. :shock:

12. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Is this the one in that little strip mall on Canton Highway?

If so...what restrictions do they have on the rifle range (once it is working again)?

Been to their pistol range several times. Not great, but is ok.

13. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Well, damn...don't everybody answer me at once... :?

14. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

15. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

ROFL - love the "FAQ" page. *grin* :twisted:

Good sense of humour...

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Funny Stuff

That's a pretty good "FAQ YOU" page. It reminds me of the menu at The Vortex restaurant /bar.

I haven't been in the range since Ed was alive and running the place (about 10 years ago, I guess) but from the mid-1980s to the mid 90s I went there at least once a year, and it was always rather dark and poorly ventilated.

After handling a bunch of guns over there one afternoon, and not buying anything, I promised the clerk I'd come back and buy a quick-detachable laser sight unit for my Walther P22 when he got some in stock. I've heard he's got them in, and I intend to go down there soon to pick it up.

17. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL New Member

The people at Nick's have been cool to me. I bought my SA-XD 9mm there.

18. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I'm meeting a friend there at 1:00 tomorrow if anyone else wants to show up...

19. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Unfortunately, I'll be sound asleep. I work nights, don't get off work till 7am, and work Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Have fun though!

I hope to go visit them again soon.

Let us know if they've cleaned up the range and/or improved it.