- He narrowed the definition of "fugitive," a change that cuts the number of people who'll be included in a database designed to keep firearms from people who are barred from owning them.
- Federal officials have also signaled that they may no longer defend the Army Corps of Engineers' ban on carrying loaded firearms and ammunition on federal lands.
- Trump signed a bill that killed an Obama-era regulation that required the government to add to the no-buy list people whom the Social Security Administration has deemed eligible for mental disability payments.
- He lifted restrictions on hunting on federal lands in Alaska.
- Interior Secretary Zinke canceled a ban on the use of lead ammunition on federal lands.
- An additional 11 Obama-era non-2A regulations through the rarely invoked Congressional Review Act, which allows lawmakers and a new president to reverse regulations imposed recently by a previous president.