NH Permit

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by cmcinc, Nov 16, 2006.

1. cmcinc

cmcinc New Member

Applied/Sent in my for my NH permt on 11-03 and received it today (11-16). 13 days...that is good stuff.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why in the world would they delay this for 13 days? They ought to move more swiftly.

Is N.H. accepted by the ATF for a NICS exemption?

What about Virginia?

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I think that Montana is the only state you get that you'll get with a NH permit that you won't get with a GFL. Is it worth it? I know it's only 20 bucks, does it help in another way?

I'm still debating getting a FL non-res. I think it includes OH and SC which are more relevant (to me)... but it's over a hundred bucks! Plus passport photos.

Anyone got a link to that website that had all the different states and their non-resident reciprocity rules? It let you click and visually displayed the differences? Can't seem to find it although I know I saw it at THR just a couple months ago.

4. cmcinc

cmcinc New Member

True it doesnt add much, but for $20 I did it anyway. I also have a FL non-res, it does add OH and ND, AR, NM, VA and maybe a few others (cant think off hand), but not SC. handgunlaws.us has some good maps with reciprocity rules.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

SC does not allow non-resident permits even from other states like Florida. So you can't live in GA and get a permit from anywhere that would allow you to carry in South Carolina.

6. kkennett

kkennett New Member

South Carolina has changed its law to allow the issuance of SC non-resident permits to landholders in that state. Thus, if you own property there, but don't live there, you can now, as of this year, get a non-resident SC license. I had read one guy was trying to buy a useless acre somewhere and sell square inches for a nominal fee. Hopefully, that will be on line soon.

7. Malum Prohibitum

I can't imagine that will be allowed by SLED, but if so, I'm in!

8. kkennett

kkennett New Member

The SLED website has a form for non-resident applicants that must be signed by the Tax Assessor in they county where the property is owned. They basically just certify that you own property there. There is nothing on that form, or on SLED's other forms, that asks about the size of the property. Whoever would do this, though, would clearly have to properly, legally, subdivide the property, and then sell each plot. A big pain. I'm guessing the local county commission and tax assessors office will not be friendly to sending out a bunch of property tax bills on square foot lots.

I wonder, as an alternate method, if a large group of people could buy a piece of property (perhaps a couple acre lot for $5K somewhere) as tenants in common. Or, could I perhaps buy a small (5%) interest in some family property in the state and qualify? :-k

9. Malum Prohibitum

No and no.

ATF State by State Chart

10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I can't imagine subdivisions of land by square inches would be permitted. It would be easier to title the whole acre in many people's names than to get permission to create useless subdivisions.