NFA Engaving in South GA

Discussion in 'How to' started by Sorata, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Sorata

Sorata New Member

Does anyone know a good place to get NFA engraving in either South GA or somewhere I can mail it off? I want to SBR a KRISS Vector Pistol. I have 2 SBR AR-15's already and have had one good engraving and one bad. The good one was laser done by Orion Arms but they wont engrave a Vector. The bad engraving job was done locally and they missed with a bit and made a hole in my lower.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If you don't have a problem mailing out of state then I would recommend Tarheel State Firearms in North Carolina. I've researched several vendors for NFA engraving and these guys have a great reputation. I'll be sending them my receivers if my F1s ever come back.

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/

3. Sorata

Sorata New Member

Thanks may have to try them out with an AR-15 receiver then go from there.

4. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

DSP laser in macon

5. Sorata

Sorata New Member

Yep just found and contact them. He has never done a KRISS and his site shows no examples of polymer receiver engraving unlike Tar Heel. I hear its easy to screw up the polymer engraving. Ill see if he has even done a polymer receiver and what his cost are like.

6. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

Whiddon Gun Works in Nashville, GA
    229-686-1911

7. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I had a Derringer engraved and a display box built by DSP LASER for a friend's retirement from civil service.

Attached Files:

Jonathan Freeman likes this.
  8. Sorata

Sorata New Member

Thanks. Those help. I did some reading, hard to find KRISS info online, and some people have had the polymer screwed up on engraving, apparently not all polymers are the same. That's why I am being so picky. A lot of people had the polymer cut out in a spot to engrave on the metal instead. I would rather have it done on the polymer myself I think it looks better. Saw where one person had it engraved in the polymer on the finger groove and that seems the best to me visually so far. Any suggestions on engraving spots on the KRISS while I check with the companies above.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  9. Sorata

Sorata New Member

Looks like I am going with Tar Heel. Just heard back from them shockingly on a Sunday and that have done an estimated 30 or so KRISS Vectors so they will be my safest bet.

PS anyone recognize this magazine? I want to find some that are textured like this.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/StuartBoyer/Vector-PSB-Left-1-1617x1080_zpsjtkwtif4.jpg

I was told they were KCI mags so I ordered 3 and just got them in and nope not them :( So now I have 3 mags I didn't want.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017