I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And Friday would be, hmm, 10.

·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's what I'm talking about. Now I can relax.

·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Came today - 11 business days. Not the new style GWL either...dang. Still, efficient processing time I suppose. Glad I got the temporary license or I'd have been in a tough spot in and around Centennial Olympic Park this weekend.

·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Five years later, renewal time. At the Probate Court Clerk's office - 1132 Usher St NW, Room 148; pay $30 cash, show ID and previous GWCL, sign the forms, they take your picture. Ten minutes later they send you and your forms out the door to: the Newton County Sheriff's Office (15151 Alcovy Rd, Detention Center side), hand the nice lady your forms and $5 cash, get receipt, 5 minutes later you're out the door. Total $35, time 40 minutes tops.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,382 Posts
Five years later, renewal time. At the Probate Court Clerk's office - 1132 Usher St NW, Room 148; pay $30 cash, show ID and previous GWCL, sign the forms, they take your picture. Ten minutes later they send you and your forms out the door to: the Newton County Sheriff's Office (15151 Alcovy Rd, Detention Center side), hand the nice lady your forms and $5 cash, get receipt, 5 minutes later you're out the door. Total $35, time 40 minutes tops.
Here they now handle it all at the Probate Court on at least renewals. Your county should try that. Seems silly to need to drive to Sheriff's office to hand over forms.

·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That would be sweet. Not sure why things are still divided up like this.

·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
License was mailed on 10/14, probably arrived on the 17th, a few hours after we left for NYC for a week's work. License says it was issued on the 7th.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts