Newton Co. - blazing fast turnaround

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by RedBeard, Aug 9, 2006.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Thought yall might be interested.

Applied for my new GFL in Newton Co. on August 1. I received my GFL on August 7. The envelope was metered on August 3 and postmarked on August 4.

The lady at the probate ct told me that they were not experiencing any slowdowns even with the changes to the renewal requirements. No kidding.

Unfortunately, Newton Co. Probate Ct and Sheriff's office both demanded SSN and employer. Sheriff's office stated both were required. Probate didnt say one way or the other.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

:shock: Was that Aug. 2005 to Aug. 2006?

Holy cow! That's excellent. Congrats.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Glad to see ya RedBeard. Remeber you from many years over at packing.org. :welcome:

5. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Its been a while but I am really glad packing.org is there and georgiapacking.org is here.

After I left GA I spent a couple of years in FL. Just made it back to GA. (Still debating whether that is a good thing or not!) Its tough to be an Alabama boy in Georgia.

Good to see ya!

6. Malum Prohibitum

Redbeard, I love your signature line (as I detest democracy) but sincerely doubt it was uttered by Ben Franklin.

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

MP,

I have seen that quotation attributed to Franklin in many sources, including Franklin biographies. I have not made any attempt to trace the original source and verify it, but I know that quote commonly is attributed to him.

8. Malum Prohibitum

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

11. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

I have always questioned its authenticity, but it is such a nice quote, whether real or not. When I first found it, I researched it and found no dissenting voices, so I decided to chance it. I have used it in sigs for years (since the late '90s).

Looks like it might be a bastardization of the following:
    "Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner." ~ James Bovard, Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty (1994)

I found one weblog that was obviously visited by many libs. They conveniently left out the last bit in the discussion and used it to trash republicans or the USA in general. So sad.

Lunch or its precursor was of English origin. Fancy lunch was replaced by "dinner" (a French word) after the Norman Conquest. French became the language of high society, whereas English remained the language of the commoners. Or at least that is one of the lessons I learned in Linguistics and English Lit.

I may have to keep using it and list it as unattributed.

Alas MP you have discovered my secret.