Newnan Bar Shooting-Hero down

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by gunsmoker, Dec 22, 2019.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I don't recall seeing this posted here before. I tried searching for it just now, but we all know how useless the search feature is here at GPDO.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/de...-with-stopping-potential-mass-shooting-at-bar

This happened in Newnan, in August 2019. At a bar called Fat Boys.

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...-says/85-2cd2d584-6da3-4398-9994-f4582e2ecb19

An off-duty bar employee pulled his own gun when a drunk and angry patron who'd been told to leave the bar came back brandishing a gun and threatening to kill everybody.

The good guy got his own gun out of his nearby parked car, shouted a warning / challenge to the bad guy but was immediately fired upon, was hit several times, and then had his gun stolen by the bad guy, who ran off.

At least the good guy's intervention did result in the bad guy not entering the bar, and not killing any innocent people.

Too bad the good guy didn't win the gunfight, but at least he prevented more bloodshed.

2. gunsmoker

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ge...opped-mass-shooting-speaks-for-the-first-time

P.S. The hero survived the shooting, and is slowly recovering from his bullet wounds.

The shooter is unfortunately still among the living, unharmed, and not in any imminent danger of being publicly beheaded as part of the halftime show at a professional sports game, which is what should become of all murderers and attempted murderers, and armed robbers.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

We must be related.:mrgreen:

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The prevention of more innocents being wounded or killed was worthy but I don't believe it was much of a gunfight. From what I saw, McCoy didn't get off any shots and it looks like he had a bolt gun. You can see him exiting the car and running the bolt. I'm going to say he was very lucky.

5. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Less talky talky, more shooty shooty. This ain't Hollywood, intoxicated angry man isn't going to have an epiphany of guilt and surrender peacefully in a heartfelt teary eyed moment.

6. gunsmoker

Tucco says:
    upload_2019-12-22_10-53-32.jpeg

When you have to shoot, shoot!
    Don't talk.

MaricopaKid likes this.
  7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

If it looks like someone is hell-bent on a mass murder you don't give the maniac a warning. His only warning should be the sensation that he has been ventilated with a proper firearm capable of doing the job.

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Tucco was right. These things go down way faster than anyone thinks.