Newbie in Gwinnett!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by adriand, Aug 16, 2007.

1. adriand

adriand New Member

Wanted to say hi to everyone. I came across this site a few months ago wanting to know more about carrying in Georgia and I've learned alot. Good job to everyone sharing there knowledge and experiences. I recently applied for my carry license on 7-26-07 and to my surprise I recieved my permit in the mail yesterday, 8-15-07. Less than 3 weeks!! I wasn't expecting to see it for at least another month or so. Now I need to decide how I want to carry my Sig Pro 9mm. OC or CC? Anyway keep up the good work guys and as they say in the Army, Huahhhhh!!!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO adriand!

Open carry, naturally. :D

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Excellent! Welcome to the club. For your first trip, I'd CC, but that's just me.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Welcome! 3 weeks?!? That's quicker than I got mine in Bulloch (5 weeks). Whereabouts in Gwinnett are you at?

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Welcome!

And congrats on the 3 weeks in Gwinnett. Might be a record!

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Great!

So why are othe people waiting a year? :?

In the interest of full disclosure, you may wish to read this, since you are in Gwinnett.

9. AJ

AJ New Member

Congradulations, that was fast.

I vote for OC.

10. commodore_dude

commodore_dude Active Member

WTF! I applied on the 17th, still waiting... :shock:

11. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Welcome to a great site.

Chris

12. lowside

lowside New Member

:welcome:

I applied for my GFL in Gwinnett on Aug 3rd and wasn't expecting to hear anything for a while, but maybe there's a chance I'll see it in a reasonable timeframe afterall :D

Of couse I never should have said that because now I'll probably end up having to wait for 6 months... #-o :foilhat:

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

The reports on Gwinnett are running around 60 days for first time applicants. IIRC weeks got his around 70 days. Not perfect but better than most of the metro counties. At least Gwinnett is making an attempt to comply with the law.