Newbie from Dallas

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by dwalker, Oct 12, 2007.

1. dwalker

dwalker New Member

Been reading the boards here for a month or so and finally joined the other day. Proud owner of a Glock 37 and just picked up a new G30 today. I have my CCW but I've never carried before, but I plan to start now. My job allows firearms so I always take it to work with me, especially dealing with money and being the only one here most of the time. The place that I purchased the gun did not have many holsters for it, so if anyone has any good ideas on something for concealed carry and where to get it I'm all ears! Thanks, and by the way, why does every one here call the popo Leo's and whats with the +1? I've been curious about this for awhile now, thanks again! :lol:

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

+1 is geek speak for your agreement with the statement quoted.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:welcome: Have you looked into http://www.georgiacarry.orgyet?

As far as holsters, I highly recomend http://www.southernholsters.com. Tom does great work and is a member of both GPDO and GCO. :righton: I have used several of his holsters and have been very happy with them. I'm actually going to order my fourth from him soon.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Get this for concealed carry of your G30.

Comp-Tac MTAC

I have the CTAC model for my G30 and thought it was the best thing going until I bought the MTAC for my G19. The MTAC is much more comfy due to the leather back but is otherwise exactly the same. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the MTAC for my G30. You live and learn.

EDIT: No kidding, I can easily conceal it under a normal fitting t-shirt.

5. VolGrad

Adam5 - We both sound like commercials. You are always with Southern Holsters and me with Comp-Tac & Clyde Armory.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:lol:

I need to work out a deal with Tom. Five or six customers should get me a freebie.

I like Comp-Tac also, but have more into leather than Kydex lately.

7. dwalker

dwalker New Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I checked out Southern and I'll look into Comp-Tac when I get home, for some reason the firewall at work will not allow me to view their site. Thanks alot for the links, I'll be ordering from one or the other this weekend. Also, do you have the 9 round mag. with your G30 and does it make it easier to conceal if so?

8. VolGrad

I only have the 10 round mags. I haven't had any trouble concealing with the Comp-Tac setup. I really don't want to give up that extra round either. Let us know next week which one your order and how you like it.

9. pro2am

pro2am New Member

+1 to what MP said.:lol:

Welcome aboard.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

11. dwalker

dwalker New Member

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member