1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
samman23 said:
For $65, a background check and a safety class you can fire a 22lr rifle that is chained to the lane. I'm assuming that does not include the ammo which is probably ridiculously priced too.
Yeah, but if you have a pistol permit you can fire your guns just like a normal shooting range. It's crazy how much red tape they have to go through to even touch a loaded gun there.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
$$$ is the only glue that sticks NYC and gun ranges together.

·
Registered
555 Posts
rabbivj said:
samman23 said:
For $65, a background check and a safety class you can fire a 22lr rifle that is chained to the lane. I'm assuming that does not include the ammo which is probably ridiculously priced too.
knowing NYC and how anti they are...prolly...and afaik its very hard and expensive to get a NYC pistol permit.
You have no idea.....It can be done though. It's not easy and it's not cheap either. Possesion of rifles is also controlled in the city.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I had to wait over a year for my NYC target pistol permit (do not confuse this with a premises (you can have it loaded at a specific place, like your business) or concealed carry (golden, for special folks, politicos, judges and those connected with them).

Now this was like 25 years ago, but I had to pay about $150 or so for the permit, make like four trips from the dealer to the Puzzle Palace just to get the pistol added to the permit, including the "inspection", AND I had to prove I had a membership at an approved range and never let it lapse.

Get caught with the pistol loaded in NYC anywhere but an approved range back then (pre-Bloomberg) it was a minimum 1 year in prison, mandatory, no sentence reduction or probation.

Now, this was in addition to what I needed to possess a rifle or shotgun, which is a different permit altogether. While the pistol permits were handled by the NYPD Pistol Permit Section, the long guns were handled by the NYC Firearms Control Board (FCB).

God, I praise the day I could finally afford to get the hell out of NYC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts