New York City - Again

Discussion in 'In the News' started by moe mensale, Jan 29, 2019.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

https://www.timesledger.com/stories/2019/5/flushingguns_2019_02_01_q.html

I think the issue here was he may not have registered his guns as NYC law requires. And then he goes and swats himself. Obviously missed his meds that day.

But this is the cherry on the top.
    :rotfl::rotfl:

2. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

How does one get three rounds in the chamber?

TimBob likes this.

3. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Very carefully

TimBob likes this.
  4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

journalists don't know squat about guns, so they may mis-hear what the cops say at press briefings. They may make mistakes in their notes, or not be able to recreate the actual statements based on their scribbled notes.
    3 in the chamber and even more in the magazine, eh?
    Was that .308 Win chamber filled with a trio of .32 acp cartridges???

5. gunsmoker

Well, the guy was obviously a nut, so I'm glad he's disarmed.
    He is now a convicted felon, so no guns for him ever again. Not legally, anyway.
    Having dozens of guns in your basement isn't a problem if you're a normal, rational, morally upstanding citizen. If you're a loony tune, that's different. No guns for you.

6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

A nickel says the 3 rounds were the magazine and the other 25 were in a box near the rifle.

And he had fireworks. :panic:

Nemo

7. gunsmoker

A journalist wrote that one would-be killer had a "thirty caliber carbine" in his car as he circled the victim's house. I was thinking U.S. Carbine, caliber .30, M1, or some commercial copy by Universal or Iver Johnson. No, the photo I found in another article about it showed it was a lever action rifle in .30-30 Win.

Another journalist reported that "explosive ordnance" had been found in an attic, and the bomb squad was called out to remove it. She reported that it was a live round of WWII ammunition, caliber 30, M2 ball. And then she added that such a shell could take out half a city block if it went off! (This is just normal .30-06 FMJ ammo for those M1 Garands and the M1919 belt fed MG).

And how many journalists have used the phrase "38 caliber automatic pistol" when they really meant .380, but they remember from high school math class that you can drop the zero when it's to the right of the decimal point and no larger digits appear to the right of it. (I seriously doubt the crime involved a .38 Super, or one of those S&W target pistols that is made to shoot .38 spl 148 gr. wadcutter ammo).

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[​IMG]

Wheedle likes this.
  9. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I've always said that if it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks it needed fixing anyway otherwise you would not have been working on it in the first place.