New XD service model 9mm followed me home

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mc30707, Oct 30, 2007.

1. mc30707

mc30707 New Member

Last Thursday I was browzing around at GT Distributers and found a deal I couldn't pass up. I got a new XD 9mm service model w/ 3 mags and XD gear for $409. It is the all black version. I haven't shot it yet, but thats coming this evening. But damn I like the grip of the XD's. They were also having a local talk show radio remote and were offering door prizes. I won a $100 gas card from shell oil. They also thru in a GT Dist. T shirt. It was a good day. :lol:

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You will like the XD. My wife had an XD-9 Tactical that she loved. She had to sell it, but told me that as soon as we have the cash I have to buy her another.

Who is GT Distributers , and where are they?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Police supply place in Rossville, GA.

http://www.gtdist.com/

http://www.gtdist.com/storeinfo.htm

edit: it's WAY up there..almost to Chatty...over 5 hours from my place..interesting where "GT" came from..it's on the store info page.

Not sure about ordering from them though. At first glance at some 5.56..it said "LEO only"..no thanks.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Do they not sell to the public?

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Why would they be LEO only? Special pricing from the manufacturers that requires them to be LEO only? If that's not the case, I want to know why. They're losing out on business.

6. mc30707

mc30707 New Member

They are selling to the public, except for Glocks, (which they had good prices on) My XD case had a green sticker on it that said restricted sales LEO only, it came with 3 16 rd mags. They were and are primarily LEO sales, (the place was full of police officers) but are now selling to the public. I called before I went, heard about it on the local talk radio station.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thanks. If they will sell me the XD Tactical for $453, that's worth a half tank of gas and a little over an hours drive each way.

8. mc30707

mc30707 New Member

I'd call first to make sure they have what you want. My XD9 was priced at $429 on the web site, but in the shop it was listed at $409. I had a good experience with them.

9. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Congrats, as others have said you will like shooting it.

I don't have the 9mm but I have a XD45ACP service and a XD40subcompact, I used to have the XD40 service but sold it to get the 45.

I still kick myself for passing on a XD9 SC (OD grip) used for $300 that some guy was selling, I just wasn't thinking that I needed a 9mm, and yet another XD. :cry: