Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I was browzing around at GT Distributers and found a deal I couldn't pass up. I got a new XD 9mm service model w/ 3 mags and XD gear for $409. It is the all black version. I haven't shot it yet, but thats coming this evening. But damn I like the grip of the XD's. They were also having a local talk show radio remote and were offering door prizes. I won a $100 gas card from shell oil. They also thru in a GT Dist. T shirt. It was a good day. :lol:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
You will like the XD. My wife had an XD-9 Tactical that she loved. She had to sell it, but told me that as soon as we have the cash I have to buy her another.

Who is GT Distributers , and where are they?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Adam5 said:
Who is GT Distributers , and where are they?
Police supply place in Rossville, GA.

http://www.gtdist.com/

http://www.gtdist.com/storeinfo.htm

edit: it's WAY up there..almost to Chatty...over 5 hours from my place..interesting where "GT" came from..it's on the store info page.

Not sure about ordering from them though. At first glance at some 5.56..it said "LEO only"..no thanks.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
Do they not sell to the public?

Springfield XD 5" Black & OD Green Tactical Pistols

Military and Law Enforcement Sales Only.

This XD tactical is built on the service model frame but has a longer sight plain and 5†barrel for accuracy at longer ranges. Designed for tactical teams, as a duty weapon and for USPDA production class competition. Common features include; Precision machined from lightweight polymer and alloy materials. 3-dot dovetail front and rear sights-standard. Loaded chamber indicator. 5†cold hammer forged barrel. Accessory light rail. Deep cut cocking serrations on slide rear. Safety take-up trigger. Ambidextrous mag release. Light weight frame with no-snag contours. 1911 style grip safety. Key operated internal locking system inside handle. Black Armor Kote and polymer finish

SPRINGFIELD XD TACTICAL 5†BARREL w/ RAIL 3-dot sights, 31 oz., checkered forward strap, accessory rail for XML light.

9mm Black & OD green
.40 Black & OD green
.357 Black
Officer price$453.00

FET Dept. $390.00

9mm Black with Trijicon Night Sights
.40 Black with Trijicon Night Sights
.357 Black with Trijicon Night Sights
Officer price$524.00

FET Dept. $451.00

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are selling to the public, except for Glocks, (which they had good prices on) My XD case had a green sticker on it that said restricted sales LEO only, it came with 3 16 rd mags. They were and are primarily LEO sales, (the place was full of police officers) but are now selling to the public. I called before I went, heard about it on the local talk radio station.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adam5 said:
Thanks. If they will sell me the XD Tactical for $453, that's worth a half tank of gas and a little over an hours drive each way.
I'd call first to make sure they have what you want. My XD9 was priced at $429 on the web site, but in the shop it was listed at $409. I had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Congrats, as others have said you will like shooting it.

I don't have the 9mm but I have a XD45ACP service and a XD40subcompact, I used to have the XD40 service but sold it to get the 45.

I still kick myself for passing on a XD9 SC (OD grip) used for $300 that some guy was selling, I just wasn't thinking that I needed a 9mm, and yet another XD. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts