New to the site

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by pianissimo357, Jan 26, 2011.

1. pianissimo357

pianissimo357 New Member

Hi, folks.

I don't usually introduce myself on forums I join, but rather lurk and make a few posts over the course of a few years while I get used to the lay of the land and the culture of the community. Figured now was as good a time as any to break the habit.

My actual name is Andy, but I use the handle pianissimo357 pretty much everywhere I go online. You can feel free to call me pianissimo, pmo [p-moe], Andy; whatever you like, really.

I live near Dahlonega, but frequently find myself in the Cumming/Dawson area. I picked up my GFL last year, but as yet do not have a handgun - I've been waiting for finances to line up. That being said, even once I am able to purchase a handgun, you probably won't find me carrying for a while, until I have proven to myself that I can hit what I'm aiming at with the gun I intend to carry, and that I have my mind set in stone on when I am legally and morally allowed to draw and use a firearm. Responsibility is a huge concern for me.

In other news, I like photography, technology, my Jeep, motorcycles, and smoking a pipe. Expect me to chime in on a conversation when I feel I have something of value to add, but for the most part I'm pretty reserved.

Glad to be here.

2. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

Welcome from Rabun County, Andy! :)

3. dam294

dam294 Active Member

Welcome to GPDO!

4. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Welcome to GPDO from Gwinnett Andy

5. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

6. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Welcome to the forum! I grew up in Cumming and frequently find my way through Dahlonega on trips up to the mountains on my motorcycle! Keep saving so you can get that right weapon for you.

7. pianissimo357

pianissimo357 New Member

Thanks, guys. Thinking about a Sig 226 in 9mm for general purpose use, and a Kel-tec PF-9 for CC.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

A Sig P226 is an excellent choice. Welcome!

10. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

Welcome from Powder Springs!

11. jwhunt

jwhunt Member

Welcome to GPDO from savannah

12. Swamper

Swamper Member

13. echo6gulf

echo6gulf New Member

:welcome: Myself I'm a lurker.

14. ET.