New to the site, West Georgia Tactical

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by WGTactical, Oct 22, 2007.

1. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Hello all,
    We just found your site. We are in Carroll county and have some really neat projects that we are working on that may be of interest (and even a benefit :wink: ) to some. Our primary business is basically a specialty machine and welding shop with extensive engineering capabilities. And as with most normal human beings, we also enjoy firearms and other fine toys :twisted: So we have a tactical shop and training facility that will have our custom electronic reactive steel as well as over $11,000.00 in purchased target systems. Our most recent work was for the Gwinnett SO for a first stage upgrade to their M114 SWAT vehicle as seen below. We will keep you posted!
    [​IMG]

2. tace

tace New Member

:welcome:

We are glad to have you here. There are quite a few folks on this board who have been to your training range and your store. :D

Please consider joining or supporting GCO http://www.georgiacarry.org/

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Looks nice. That's a little out of the way for me, but I'll stop by if I'm ever on that side of town.

4. fallison

fallison Guest

Glad to have you with us.
    "We must hang together or we shall surely hang separately"

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Here is the test drive video, the next one we are building has about 40% more pep than this one. Stock tracks go anywhere from around $15k to$65K...depending on condition. Customs are well beyond $100k. (But less than $200k :D )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYzHEDneFU

7. Malum Prohibitum

I'll take 2! :D Can you mount a GE minigun?

8. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Welcome! :welcome:

Having been to your range recently, I'm wondering if you have any photos to share showing your improved facilities mentioned above?

9. Malum Prohibitum

Oh, you have a range? Is it open to the public? If one wanted to visit your range, where in Carroll County are you?

10. Bulldawg182

MP.....this is where Ken used to hold his FireArmz classes. It's the same range we used in August for the GCO handgun class.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

One of the comments on that video:

I think I'd be a little more reluctant to ask "Am I free to go?" if I got pulled over by that bad boy.

12. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Some of you have already been here. However, the area available to you for shooting was little more than a flat place surrounded by dirt banks. We are investing quite a bit more in the range at this time (as stated in the opening post) The details are not complete on access yet, but it will be along the lines of some sort of a membership which will also qualify those members for special pricing on firearms. We already have an indoor 40' x 40' classroom complete with mats, tables and chairs etc. to accommodate just about every need. This site will never be opened to public use, for obvious reasons. But it will be made available to non-LE folks for shooting events and training classes. We will keep you posted on the progress of this project.

13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

You have started something now. :lol:

14. M249

M249 New Member

:cheers:

I'm going to say to the Gwinnett SWAT about their track the same thing they said to me about my sidearm:

I don't want you driving that M113 because you don't have the experience and training with it that I have. You are not professional enough for an M113.

M249, ex Mech Daddy

15. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Sounds like there may be a little more to your story, but all I can say is our encounters with the SWAT and SRT have been good. I try to always keep in mind that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. :D

16. Bulldawg182

For those of us who have seen your facility and for those who have not yet, do you have any photos of the items mentioned above to share here? I'm curious to see what you've done to the place and especially how your custom electronic reactive steel target systems are functioning. Thanks