Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showed up at the Cumming location about 7:30 this morning...I was 21st in line, the folks at the front of the line had tents and sleeping bags....Not sure how long they were there. No bulk ammo of any kind.....I ended up getting (2) 50 round boxes of .223 and a 100 rounds of 22LR. Not sure it was really worth it but I did get to talk to a few nice folks.

I'm guessing there was over 100 in line when the doors opened....Everything was orderly and there was an employee watching to make sure you only got 3 boxes.

Brian

·
68,147 Posts
Wow. When is this demand supply mismatch going to end?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Y'all do know about AmmoSeek.com, right? It's pricey but you can find pretty much anything. I just peeked and you can get 5.56mm for about $1/rd.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm cheap....I paid .53 a round for the .223 and .10 for the 22lr.

From what I'm hearing it's primers that are hard to come by and powder prices and going up as well.

Brian

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Wow. When is this demand supply mismatch going to end?
Probably until large import or factory changes occur.

The last RK show was picked clean or priced way over what it should be both for firearms and ammo. I saw an empty square of tables around a pallet of .223 with a sign that said "sold" on it and a Tac-14 for $999. That was noon on Saturday.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,739 Posts
Y'all do know about AmmoSeek.com, right? It's pricey but you can find pretty much anything. I just peeked and you can get 5.56mm for about $1/rd.
There haven't been decent prices on Ammoseek in a few years. When Academy or Cabelas/Bass Pro/Sportsmans has ammo it's at preparing pricing.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Primers are impossible to find for a decent price. They are going for $250-$300 per thousand on Gunbroker.
Daaaaa[rrrrnnn].

Even I am tempted to turn loose some primers from my stash at that rate. Or maybe not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts