Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a swap for a slightly used, not abused P239 in .357 SIG. Man, this gun feels great in the hand! Now I can't wait to pick up some .357 SIG rounds and hit the range! I don't know which I like better now...my 229 or the new 239...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have tried one in 9mm before. It was very accurate to 10 yards. Nice and slim but still a bit heavy. Try one out before you buy.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
+1 Nice and slim, decent size, seems to be a bit on the heavy side for me....but I'm used to those tupperware guns.

I have one I was thinking about putting up for sale. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Re: Any experiences with SIG P239?

RepeatDefender said:
I have a 229 in 9mm and love it. I am thinking of picking up a P239 in .357 SIG this weekend. I like the idea of being able to swap between .40 and .357 easily. Plus it would be a great CCW piece with lots of power. What do ya'll think? Anybody here own one?

Thanks!
Off topic: How do you like your Kahr?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Any experiences with SIG P239?

Dan H said:
Off topic: How do you like your Kahr?
I like it a lot, for what it is intended for. It is not a range piece. However, it is an accurate little CCW piece with 7+1 9mm power. It is smooth and thin, so it disappears easily and is comfortable/light for all day carry. You forget it is there.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it looks like I'll be getting a SIG P239 in .357 sometime this week. Found a really nice one to trade for. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :D

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
a buddy of mine has a P239 w/ barrels for 40, 9mm, and 357 Sig.

The 357 Sig was the worst to shoot out of the three.... the kick was *very* snappy (very noticeable) and it seemed to be a little less accurate. I didnt shoot it that much but definitely preferred 9 or 40 over the 357.

the 239 was a sweet little gun though, even with the DAO still pretty dang accurate.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
M249 said:
I want a 239 and 226 in .40... I'm jealous.
I have a 226 in .40.

You should be jealous, it's nice.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
jp233 said:
a buddy of mine has a P239 w/ barrels for 40, 9mm, and 357 Sig.

The 357 Sig was the worst to shoot out of the three.... the kick was *very* snappy (very noticeable) and it seemed to be a little less accurate. I didnt shoot it that much but definitely preferred 9 or 40 over the 357.

the 239 was a sweet little gun though, even with the DAO still pretty dang accurate.
If I'm not mistaken, the only interchangable barrels are the .40 and .357, the 9mm isn't...and they juse the same mag.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SigP229 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the only interchangable barrels are the .40 and .357, the 9mm isn't...and they juse the same mag.
I read on the SIGforum that Bar-Sto makes a 9mm barrel that fits the .40/.357 P239 (it may require some fitting, but if your gun is well used, that it may fit even factory fresh). Just change barrels and mags and you've got a whole new gun. :D

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adam5 said:
Everyone praising Sig's is making me think that I need to look into one.
I liked my 229 enough that I decided to pick up the 239. They have a great feel and are damned accurate, easy to shoot, and well built.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts