Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up at the Best Buy today and noticed a sign in one of the shops that said "Lakeside Guns" opening late November.
Anyone know what's up??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not a clue, then again I haven't had to go to BBuy lately. I'm sure my wife will want something from Michaels so maybe I'll get a chance to check it out. Which side did you see the sign on? I'm assuming the south side, seems to be more shops that open and close there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There was a small sporting goods shop that opened in downtown Acworth last year, but closed after about 6 months. I don't remember what the name was but, Luther Lecroy of Acworth Guns, told me the owners of the other shop were moving out to US41, but he wasn't sure when. Seems that retail traffic through downtown really sucks for a lot of the businesses there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BattleSausage said:
Not a clue, then again I haven't had to go to BBuy lately. I'm sure my wife will want something from Michaels so maybe I'll get a chance to check it out. Which side did you see the sign on? I'm assuming the south side, seems to be more shops that open and close there.
It was on the right between Best Buy and the pizza shop on the corner.

·
Registered
337 Posts
pockets said:
BattleSausage said:
It was on the right between Best Buy and the pizza shop on the corner.
Where the Chinese buffet used to be?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It has been a while since I have been in the plaza. My wife said she thought she noticed a gun shop there. If that is true I need to make my way up there very soon. :righton:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The sign on the door says they will be open the end of November.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll try and swing in there and take a look. Maybe they will have competitive pricing with some other local shops. BTW, is that pizza place any good in there?

·
Registered
337 Posts
BattleSausage said:
BTW, is that pizza place any good in there?
For a $4.99 (or something similar) unlimited buffet it's good, if it were $12.99 it wouldn't be, but hopefully you get my point.

·
Registered
555 Posts
As stated above, the rumors are true. There is going to be a new store in the area :righton: .......
So now when the wife wants to hit Micheals I'll be more than willing to tag along......

My only concern is with what is obviously expensive real estate under that new sign is rent going to be kinda spensive. The other side of that is the site has tremendous foot traffic, with 2 anchor stores in the plaza it resides in and Home Depot in the adjacent and connected parking lot. Volume vs profit margin, we'll see.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agreed on that note. They will most definitely have the traffic to carry the store, but the pricing is what will make or break them. Hopefully they will go more a slightly lower profit margin to boost sales and increase the profit in the long run...we shall see.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went up there today and I think the sign said Lakeside Guns. (or something with Lake in it;) Counting the days...

I hope it will be good. If anything maybe make some of the other gun shops more competitive in pricing.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i went in last week and spoke to a guy named barry. he is the husband of the lady who is actually the store owner and said he designs shooting ranges. they have been in contact with GCO, i was told. i told him we, GCO, would be glad to set the store up with cards and a window sticker. they are ready as soon as the doors open.

FWIW....barry is a big ol boy

·
Registered
549 Posts
Has this store opened yet? Has anyone checked stock and prices yet?
Thanks

I just seen their FB opening Dec 15th

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would like to find out however I have not been up that way lately. If anyone knows if it is open let us know and if they are and you went in how do things look? good deals?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went in Saturday morning. I did not talk to anyone as they were busy and also did not have anything I was interested in. It's a small store so they won't have the inventory that most of the other dealers listed on here will have. I think they received their FFL last week because they had no guns anywhere in the store. They had ammo, holsters, mags, bags, gun cases, and a lot of Glock clothing and merchandise. All in all not a bad store but inventory will be limited. Prices seemed to be average retail, but their facebook page was touting Christmas or grand opening specials.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Just went there today, they said that all of the guns will be out by tomorrow afternoon. Picked myself up an uncle mike's pocket holster for my LCP.

The holster i got was a decent deal, but most of their stuff looked over-priced.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts