New Seecamp LWS32

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by PX, Jun 11, 2007.

1. PX

PX New Member

Here's my new cc mousegun.... Of course when I can I carry my Walther P99c/AS, but for those times when you need a very small cc pistol the Seecamp fits the bill..
    [​IMG]

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy[/img]

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Doesn't look half bad. I bet you can hide that thing just about anywhere. :shock:

3. PX

PX New Member

You know it..

IF there is a downside to the little Seecamp it is that it actually costs twice as much as you think you are paying for it..

That's because you shortly will wind up having to buy another for your wife, (girlfriend, significient other, whatever)....

In fact I ordered another Seecamp LWS32 this morning for my wife.. :screwy:

But, she fell in love with mine, so I'm getting her one with a personalized serial number..

Gotta keep "Mamma Happy"... Mamma "ain't happy", "Ain't nobody happy"...

Seriously it is a small little sucker and hides well.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nice, I guess it's a good thing (in some ways) that my chick doesn't really like guns. Then again, I wish she did. It'll be alright, though.

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you you pay for it?
    i would like to get a little pocket gun.

6. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Nice, PX.

Seecamp: The Original. Everything else is just a bad copy.

7. PX

PX New Member

tony218:

Don't mind your asking a bit.. I bought (and am buying) my Seecamp LWS32 from Ron Gilstrap, Alvin Texas. Ron was recommended on the Seecamp forum as being a reputable dealer, and he's all that and more. You can reach Ron at: 1-281-686-5093. Ron's prices are about as good as they get, and you know you are dealing with a quality person.

I paid Ron $380.00 for my Seecamp, + $20.00 shipping, + $35.00 extra mag. and then I paid my FFL transfer dealer here in Ga. $25.00.. Total: $460.00. There was a time when the very same pistol was selling for $800-$1000 bucks with up to a two year delay in getting one, but since Seecamp makes the very same pistol in 380cal (which is $800-1000) w/ a long wait, the price of the 32's have come down. The retail price Larry Seecamp puts on the LWS32 is actually, (and I think has always been) $425.00. The rip-off, or "scalping" price was not from Seecamp, ever, but from retailers taking advantage of the law of supply and demand.

I ordered my wife a Seecamp this morning from Ron, and the only difference is it cost's an extra $40.00 for a personalized serial number. Seecamp charges $35.00 for this service and Ron is only charging the extra $5.00 to recoup the cost of phone calls back and two to Seecamp.

The wait for my first Seecamp was less than a month, and the wait for my wife's personalized Seecamp will probably 1-2 months.

FWIW, and it's just my opinion, but the Seecamp LWS32 is the "Rolls Royce" of the small mouseguns. I have had in the past a Beretta Tomcat, (1st series/POS). I have a KelTec P32, and a NAA Guardian (32cal.).

It's my personal opinion that the P32 or Guardian are both fine pistols. I've had excellent service out of both of them.. Both Customer Service Depts. have excellent reputations.. If you have either and it has worked for you then IMO you are as well armed as you would be with a Seecamp..

Having said that, once you hold and examine, and fire, a Seecamp you are absolutely ruined for the others. Being an old retired fart living on a fixed income I simply cannot afford the "best" of many things.. But I can own what is in my opinion the very best mousegun in the world. My Seecamp.

Here's a photo of my Seecamp and NAA Guardian for comparison. I've had the NAA for over 8 years. The price is pretty close to the same for either. I find the Seecamp to be of higher quality, and is easier to cc.

An additional extra with the Seecamp is that if you register and post on www.seecamp.com you will rapidly find the nicest bunch of folks.. It's actually more like an extended family, and the usual bickering found on most other firearm forums is missing. That's nice for a change.

I would recommend the P32, NAA Guardian (32cal) and the Seecamp SWL32 without reservation...

But I'll be buying more Seecamps.. :righton:

Sorry to ramble,

[​IMG]

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

She still doesn't know about the AK...does she....

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, she does, actually.

10. Mojoski

Mojoski New Member

Just ordered my Seecamp last week..

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I think I'm in lust... :love:

A couple of friends have really been pushing toward the Beretta Tomcat, but this looks like it might be a better choice. I really need to try out a Seecamp and see if they :shoot: as well as they look...

12. PX

PX New Member

Macktee:

Far be it from me to take exception to your friends choice of the Beretta Tomcat..

But.. I had one. It was a pos, compared to the competition it was too large, too heavy, and Beretta Customer Service is TERRIBLE... In fairness my Tomcat was a first series, and I hear they have bulked the pistol up even more to solve the problem.. Heavier is not better when it comes to a cc weapon..

I have a KelTec P32.. It's been an excellent pistol.. Inexpensive to buy, mine has been reliable and accurate.. It's very light and looks like a toy, and I keep waiting for it to break, but so far it keeps on ticking.

I have a NAA Guardian (32cal). I've had it for over 8 years. I had trouble early on, fixed under warranty by the excellent NAA Customer Service/Warranty folks (who even sent me a free new mag for my trouble), but since then it's been 100% reliable and troublefree..

Choices are wonderful things. I've found that after owning all four of the 32cal. mouseguns most folks hear about that you will be well served by three of them... Beretta isn't one of them.

The Seecamp LWS32 is absolute top quality. Even tho it's only marginally smaller and lighter than the NAA I find it imminently easier to carry concealed.

I have nothing negative to say about the NAA or KT, but honestly the Seecamp is in a class of it's own.. You need to hold one and see for yourself. I bought mine strictly on reputation and I'm so pleased that I've already ordered my wife her own..

Just my opinion.. Not trying to diss' Beretta firearms, as I know they make some great ones. But IMO the Tomcat isn't one of them, nor would I ever buy another Beretta and have to face the possibility of dealing with that crowd at Beretta Customer Non-service..

Others mmv..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey PX:

Thank you for that information. I've seen their Tomcats and looked at one in a gun shop, but just didn't fall in love. I listened really, really hard, but it just wasn't whispering "take me home with you". So I didn't.

The Tomcat is on the (fairly short) list of approved off-duty and back-up weapons for the Louisville Metro PD. One of the guys has a son and daughter-in-law who are Louisville LEOs who both carry Tomcats. The other guy is a close friend of the first old fart and bought on his recommendation. All four of them absofreekinglutely LOVE their little kitty kats. Like I said, it just didn't whisper my name. Soooooo.

You have just about talked me into the Seecamp eventhough I've never even held one, much less shot one... For shame PX! My wife has repeatedly warned me to stay away from guys like you, but do I listen to her?

OK, I listen, but do I obey?

OK, most of the time I follow orders.

But this time may be different...

Thanks again for the info.

Speaking of you offering advice, any suggestions about how I 'splain this purchase to SWMBO, once I make it? I got really lucky last time. The grandkids were visiting when the Visa bill arrived and she had calmed down considerably by the time they left.

However, I can't count on getting lucky every time...

14. PX

PX New Member

Macktee:

Nope, no advice in that area.. I've been married to the same little darlin' for almost 40 years and I find I know less about this subject with each new sunrise..

You're on your own here on this one..

I CAN tell you I'll bet if you buy a Seecamp you'll be glad you did.. :cheers:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy