(New) Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jdh31313, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Check out this new scout rifle from Ruger. It kind of reminds me of the WW2 era Jungle Carbine from Enfield. This rifle interests me but I think it would be more desired by the masses with black synthetic furniture. The rifle has an MSRP just under a grand almost & requires optics due to its intended purpose. Is this new rifle the coolest thing ever or what?

Link to info about the new rifle from Ruger
    http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteSc ... odels.html

Link to info about the scout rifle in general
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle

2. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

I dunno man, I'm not diggin' it. The Styer Scout is a much better looking little rifle. This Ruger looks... weird.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

This is making the rounds on just about every board today. I kinda like it; although I wish it had a 10-round double column magazine instead of a single stack. I'm not a big fan of the Ruger flash hider, but that could probably be swapped out for something a bit less ..... mmm..... Rugerish.

It's a lot more expensive than the pseudo-scout I'm making from an Ishapore 2a1, but it's also about 50 years newer. :|

4. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

I started to post about this but didn't have time this week.

I like it but wish it were a semi-auto, but then maybe it wouldn't fit the "scout rifle" criteria? If not Semi-auto then maybe a lever gun?

I dunno, I do like it but I'm not easily satisfied, it could be better for any number of strictly personal reasons. None of which have anything to do with practicality.

As far as looks go I could be better served with a rifle that looks something like their #1 International (in a bolt gun). I just like the long fore-end. (all that wood is pretty. ;) )

ETA: I do like the box magazine. That's something they've needed to do. Now if they would just make a version of their 556 in .308. Then I'd have to give up on Armalite and go strictly Ruger. :)