Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you click on "Gun Laws" you will see a couple new buttons.

One is for the Weapons Related GA Code, which a couple of months ago I was in a rush to just get it working and never really finished it, I have now.

The second new link is to the new reference section on Georgia Firearm Caselaw. It is still under construction (cases with an * are under construction), but it is taking me so long to add them all that I figured I would open it up before I finished.

Thanks to MP, JRM, and ICP for the help... especially MP.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wow! That's great! You somehow beat lexis-nexis at it's own game!

Maybe the code sections displayed could have relevant keywords to the side to aid in searching? I hate to nitpick but it's my job in the real world, lol!

I think this is perhaps the best local *state* site in the country, next to calguns. It sure has come a long way in the short time I've been here. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
foshizzle said:
Wow! That's great! You somehow beat lexis-nexis at it's own game!

Maybe the code sections displayed could have relevant keywords to the side to aid in searching? I hate to nitpick but it's my job in the real world, lol!

I think this is perhaps the best local *state* site in the country, next to calguns. It sure has come a long way in the short time I've been here. Thanks!
Yeah, I thought about it... but I already know most by there numbers so I didn't do it... guess not everybody does.

Will see what I can come up with... maybe just a couple word description or something like that.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
foshizzle said:
Best I am going to be able to do is a Table of Contents page at the begining. Not enough room otherwise.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
One is for the Weapons Related GA Code, which a couple of months ago I was in a rush to just get it working and never really finished it, I have now.
The following should probably be added to the above page:

38-2-194 (Used to ban guns on military facilities under state law).

38-2-277 (Ban on parading or demonstrating with firearms).

38-2-301 (Emergency gun/ammo sales ban).

·
68,672 Posts
GAGunOwner said:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GAGunOwner said:

Done

·
68,672 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Caselaw page
While it is not yet finished, it answers a lot of questions, doesn't it? :D
When you click on the link, I want you to notice one thing. Read the synopsis for the first and last case. The first case declares that the Second Amendment protects open carry of a pistol, and that it applies to men, women, and boys, and protects more than simply militia arms. The last case declares that the Second Amendment has no application to Georgia.

:|

Times sure do change.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
On the "Weapons Related GA Code" page you put 38-2-149, I though that that code section was 38-2-194. I could be wrong though BUT LexisNexis isn't working at the time so I can't check it.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GAGunOwner said:
On the "Weapons Related GA Code" page you put 38-2-149, I though that that code section was 38-2-194. I could be wrong though BUT LexisNexis isn't working at the time so I can't check it.
I thought that is what it was too, but my fingers disagreed while I was typing.

·
68,672 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":21sj55g0]Caselaw page
While it is not yet finished, it answers a lot of questions, doesn't it? :D
When you click on the link, I want you to notice one thing. Read the synopsis for the first and last case. The first case declares that the Second Amendment protects open carry of a pistol, and that it applies to men, women, and boys, and protects more than simply militia arms. The last case declares that the Second Amendment has no application to Georgia.

:|

Times sure do change.[/quote:21sj55g0]

Everybody visiting here should check out this link. It gives great insight into the way things are in Georgia, and maybe why they are the way they are - from the earliest days of the state until today.

·
68,672 Posts
For instance, this is in one of them:

Upon the trial of the plaintiff in error for the offense of carrying a pistol without having obtained the license required by law, a witness for the state testified that he and another person compelled the accused, at the point of a shotgun (with which the witness had just killed another *****), to hold up his hands and submit to a forceable search. The search of the defendant's person disclosed the fact that he was carrying a pistol.
:roll:

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
Great job guys. :righton:

·
68,672 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
For instance, this is in one of them:

Upon the trial of the plaintiff in error for the offense of carrying a pistol without having obtained the license required by law, a witness for the state testified that he and another person compelled the accused, at the point of a shotgun (with which the witness had just killed another *****), to hold up his hands and submit to a forceable search. The search of the defendant's person disclosed the fact that he was carrying a pistol.
:roll:
And when that wasn't enough to convict him, they got the jailer to testify that he tried to sell him a pistol.

If any of you have ever had a chance to read early twentieth century court transcripts with black defendants and/or witnesses, it really is an eye opening exerience.

If you can find a book called, "Lay This Body Down," it will give you some idea of what it was like (quite a bit of the testimony reproduced).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts