Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I stopped and stuck my head in today.

They have received their final inspection and expect to have their Certificate of Occupancy
for a February 1 opening...

They will be opening with 10 pistol lanes and 3 rifle lanes and probably be adding
an additional 7 pistol lanes in the near future.

They probably won't have much (if any stock) in the showroom at opening, but will
shortly after. Sorry but I wasn't able to get details on rules, rates and restrictions
but I will stop in again, if not this weekend, then on Monday to get details.

BTW - these are the same folks that own/run Range, Guns and Safe in Forest Park.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sorry guys... I didn't make it over there today to get more info.
But as a reminder, their plan was to open the range Feb 1

If I can get out of work early I may just stop by...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Stopped by today and was told that they hopped that the range would be open on Saturday (I would call before you drove over there)

I was told prices would be $12/ hour for the 1st hour and $6 for each additional hour.
2nd person would be 1/2 price ($6 and then $3) per hour.

Looks like nice and wide lanes on the range.

Hope this helps some of you wondering.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I just got home from there....

and as Horseshoes said, they're not quite ready yet. They have received their Certificate of
Occupancy so now it's mostly clean up and last minute details. They expect that the Website will
be up and running on Thursday and some printed stuff available.

Their target is to be open and shooting on Saturday. David, who will be running this range
is a member of GCO and will hopefully send info to GCO and to me (I left him my contact info)
as soon as it's available so that we know for certain that they are up and running.

They're plan includes a wide variety of classes including Self Defense In the Home & Outside the Home.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I haven't heard from David over at Range, Guns and Safe since I was over there on Tuesday.
Their plan was to be open for shooting Saturday but we all know how that goes.... :(

I'm not sure that I will be able to get over there today to check and I have a lot going
on tomorrow so if anyone else is in the area - you might want to stick your head in and
see how they're doing.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
They are still looking at 9 am Saturday for the first shooter. Their flyers are not ready yet, but they said price sheets would be up tomorrow.

I was only there for a minute and didn't look around too much, but they still have some work to do from what little I saw. I'd call before I head over just to confirm everything is a go.

T

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
been Waaaaay busier than usual lately so I haven't had a chance to see if they
ever did open the doors... and haven't heard from them...

Has anyone been over there yet ?

Range, Guns and Safes
4205 Pleasantdale Rd.
Bld. 100
Atlanta, GA 30340
770-447-8900

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
BG_Atl said:

Range, Guns and Safes
4205 Pleasantdale Rd.
Bld. 100
Atlanta, GA 30340
770-447-8900
Went in on Saturday and they have 2 lanes open right now. They will have either 2 or 3 rifle lanes and 7-8 (I think it was) pistol lanes when they get completed. It will be a very nice place inside when done.

Prices are $12.00 for first person for an hour and $6.00 per hour for second person. Did not think to ask about how many people can shoot per lane.

Edited to add: They already had a card holder full of GCO cards on the counter.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Suburbbus said:
BG_Atl said:

Range, Guns and Safes
4205 Pleasantdale Rd.
Bld. 100
Atlanta, GA 30340
770-447-8900
Went in on Saturday and they have 2 lanes open right now. They will have either 2 or 3 rifle lanes and 7-8 (I think it was) pistol lanes when they get completed. It will be a very nice place inside when done.

Prices are $12.00 for first person for an hour and $6.00 per hour for second person. Did not think to ask about how many people can shoot per lane.
You might wanna go ask for a refund :D Their website says $10 per hour/$5 for second shooter on same lane. sounds like they're having the typical startup issues.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
TippinTaco said:
You might wanna go ask for a refund Their website says $10 per hour/$5 for second shooter on same lane. sounds like they're having the typical startup issues.
Hehhe... if I'm not mistaken... that's the information from the Forest Park site...
haven't seen an update..... and when I spoke to them they did say that they were going to
change it and update the prices...

and yeah... I dropped off cards about 2 weeks ago (in time for the 1st rumor of their opening 8) )

·
Registered
498 Posts
I shot yesterday. Only 2 lanes open.

Very clean.... brand new what do you expect. Good controls for the target advance and retract.

I will say that I don't like the "no rapid fire" rule. I specifically asked about shooting quick 3 shot rounds and I was told absolutely not because most people aren't trained well and might shoot up the range.

Great so why don't they just keep the bumpers up at the bowling alley so they can keep the gutters clean too.

Sorry but for the most part I practice in indoor ranges for self defence and for me that involves shooting more than 1 shot at a time.....

Wont be going back anytime soon. Sorry.

·
Registered
211 Posts
4HorseShoes said:
I will say that I don't like the "no rapid fire" rule. I specifically asked about shooting quick 3 shot rounds and I was told absolutely not because most people aren't trained well and might shoot up the range.

Great so why don't they just keep the bumpers up at the bowling alley so they can keep the gutters clean too.

Sorry but for the most part I practice in indoor ranges for self defence and for me that involves shooting more than 1 shot at a time.....

Wont be going back anytime soon. Sorry.
Was looking forward to checking it out since it's less than 3 miles from my house and on the way home from work. Guess I'll be sticking with Sandy Springs, American Classic, and Bullseye in Lawrenceville instead. Got to agree, one shot per second when practicing defensive shooting is largely as waster of time and money (and a lot less fun :love:).

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
TippinTaco said:
Suburbbus said:
BG_Atl said:

Range, Guns and Safes
4205 Pleasantdale Rd.
Bld. 100
Atlanta, GA 30340
770-447-8900

You might wanna go ask for a refund :D Their website says $10 per hour/$5 for second shooter on same lane. sounds like they're having the typical startup issues.
Pulled out the card I picked up while there and it definately says "$12.00 first hour, $6.00 each additional hour. Second shooter on same lane half price". So I guess that equates to $6.00 for first hour and $3.00 for additional hours for second shooter. (Rocket Scientist in Training) :)

Maybe they will only allow 2 shooters per lane.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This range is fairly convenient to my house, so I was excited to visit. Dropped by with a friend on Saturday morning, very quiet there, no one but store staff. No guns in cases, just safes, targets, and some accessories. Got a variety of prices and membership deals, there was a lot of confusion on what the various memberships cost among the people there. They were friendly, but we got many conflicting answers, with no real certainty that they would honor whatever membership terms they mentioned. We decided to drive down to Ed's and somehow I ended up coming home with a nice, gently used Gen 2 G19 to go with my 27 and 30SF.

Returned on Sunday afternoon, my nephew started at Tech this year, and was interested in shooting. They would not let him shoot a pistol without his parent or "Legal paperwork appointing you his guardian.", even though he's 18. Getting his parents to the range would be tough, since they're half a country away. Both my wife and I are over 40, but I guess we don't look responsible enough to supervise. Also, a previous post asked if they will allow more than 2 to share a lane, no they will not. They will charge the third person for a second lane.

I frequent several other ranges nearby, called one up, asked if he could accompany me, and took our business elsewhere. We had a great time, and my nephew is looking forward to his next trip to the range with his uncle and aunt, but it won't be this one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
atlcal said:
I frequent several other ranges nearby, called one up, asked if he could accompany me, and took our business elsewhere. We had a great time, and my nephew is looking forward to his next trip to the range with his uncle and aunt, but it won't be this one.
Im not sure what their deal is with all of the rules (dont get me wrong I love safety) but they are running off business before they even get going.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agreed, I could understand if we were new to shooting, renting guns, look/behave like idiots, etc., but nothing could be further from the truth. Long time shooter, GWL holder, range bag with all the usual safety gear, including extras for the nephew, but none of that swayed them. I don't argue that it's their range, their rules, but they're certainly not working hard making friends early on. That's a shame, since they're pretty convenient to get to and a nice looking facility, but there are several other choices for us that are about the same driving time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
People are nice but the young adults at the counter have no idea what they are talking about. I asked what there transfer fee is, one guys answer with a lot of stumbling was, "I'm not quite sure. We dont have our FFL yet. I think its $40 for pistols and $60 for rifles." :shock: The place is bland and boring to walk into, I hope to see a lot more accessories and guns in the future.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.