New range near I-85 & Pleasantdale

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Xiclotl, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

I was driving home & noticed a billboard on 85 south for a place called "Range, Guns & Safes" on Pleasantdale. Anyone heard of this place? It looked like they were still doing the sign

Edit: they put up an "opening soon" sign since yesterday. Drove by & looked inside. Looks like it will be a couple of months before they open.

2. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

re: Range, Guns & Safes on Pleasandale

I got an email from David Aldea at the Forest Park location and he said that they haven't locked down an exact date for opening, though they expected to be operational by the 15th & up and running by the end of the month. Personally I can't wait. They're only 3.5 miles from where I live & on my way to work. It would be great to be able to stop by on my way home and shoot. :righton:

3. railin93

railin93 New Member

anyone got a name for us to look for?...or is that all the info they've released?...i dont live down that way but my FiL works of Jimmy Carter so it's not that far a drive (maybe 25 min)...

4. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

The name is "Range, Guns & Safes". They have a big billboard next to I-85 south near the lotto sign. The Forest Park website is http://www.georgiarangeandguns.com/Scri ... late=index

5. railin93

railin93 New Member

thanks...there rates are way one the high side for my taste...better deals and rates for tranfers here in Gainesville an range rates are cheaper up this way as well...good for people near the perimeter though i guess...

thanks again

6. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I saw their sign today as i was coming up 85. I'm not sure, but from Google maps that looks like it might be the old Scientific Atlanta plant. That's less than 4 miles from me.

That would be awesome.

7. Taurus92

Ok, so I had to go by there and get a mini tour from the builder. It's going to be nice. It's not the old Scientific Atlanta plant like I thought. Super close to me!

8. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Went by there last weekend. Their sign on I-85 says to turn left on Pleasantdale if coming south and go "400 yards". It is more like 400 feet on the left. They still have the "coming soon" sign on building.

Anyone that knows that area, it is almost right across from the Burger King at I-85 and Pleasantdale. Plain brown building on the left that you will drive right past if not careful.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

400 feet? Isn't that the driving range?

10. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Driving range is on Northcrest, next street down.

If they're open on Sunday, this might be a place to drop-in for a bit after church. Watching for details.

11. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Georgia Range and Guns used to have a range up off of Satellite Blvd in a space that was taken over or sold for other purposes.

Glad to hear it if they are opening a second location again.

12. 4HorseShoes

4HorseShoes New Member

I stopped in today and they are putting the final touches on the construction. If it hadn't been for the snow they would have been open this week.

The place looks very spacious and looks to be set up very nice. There are 3 rifle ranges and I believe 11 pistol ranges (don't quote me on that).

They have a decent size waiting room, a classroom, and a large area for safe and gun sales.

They hope to be open next week and the rates will be between $12 and $13 per hour.

This may not be the cheapest rates around but it will be very convenient to a lot of Dekalb and Gwinnett residence. May help alleviate some of the other nearby ranges that get way to crowded at times.

13. Khondker

Khondker Member

I was on 85 last Saturday and was looking for the shooting range billboard while passing Pleasantdale. I saw a billboard says "Shooter Alley". I told my wife that was probably the sign for the new shoogting range. My wife said there were two girls picture on the billboard, which does not make any sense.

14. Bags57

Bags57 Member

Shooters Alley is a strip club. It was in the news around Christmas because a bouncer there was shot and killed.

The billboard for the gun range has a photo of a guy in a ball cap with eye and ear protection aiming a pistol as if on the range.

15. Khondker

Khondker Member

Opps, my bad. :shakehead:

16. Taurus92

Stuck my head in the door again today and they don't look like they are any further along than on the 6th when I last went by. The people at the main phone number didn't have an opening date. I'm sure the storm has really messed up their plans. Guess I'll have to make the trip to my old range again.

17. Khondker

Khondker Member

Please help us with direction.

If I am coming from 85 south (from Lawrenceville), I will be taking left on Pleasantdale Road from exit ramp (please correct me if I am wrong). Which side (left or right) is the gun range at?

I am hoping it will have a gun shop too.

18. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

It will

It is on the left across from the Burger King/Chinese restaurant lot.

19. Taurus92

When you take the left on Pleasantdale Road and cross Interstate 85, you should see the building (single story) on your left. Burger King is on the right side of Pleasantdale Road. The building is well marked with "Range, Guns & Safes" on the side and front of the building, but it is on the left side of the road.

They have a lot of glass cabinets in the building and a lot of open space so I would be surprised if they don't have a gun shop.

20. Khondker

Khondker Member

Thanks