New Range in Oakwood

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Own Defense, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Own Defense

Own Defense Member

Their is a new gun range open up in Oakwood off of Chamblee RD :righton:

2. railin93

railin93 New Member

where?....i live right outside the city limimts and drive that way everyday pretty much...is it near Cedar Creek?...havent seen any signs yet but if so, a 10 second drive is all i need to find an excuse to "run to the store"... :mrgreen:

3. railin93

railin93 New Member

Just drove to both ends of Chamblee and not one sign nor mention of a range or any building that is big enough to have an indoor. Please tell us where the range is if i missed it because this would be REALLY close to the house for me and i could even go while the baby naps during the day as its only like 30 sec from me.

4. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Where, where, where???? :?: :?:

5. Own Defense

Own Defense Member

This is the ad i got from the paper.

Ceder Creek
    Outdoor & Tactical - Grand Opening
    Indoor Pistol Range.
    4042 Chamblee RD Oakwood
    phone 770-536-9006
    website, http://www.cedarcreektactical.com
    Open Monday - Sat, 10:00 - 8:00

6. railin93

railin93 New Member

CedraCreek is wgere i bought my first handgun and unless they have done some MAJOR remodeling and expansion, there isnt a range in that building that i know of. If so, it's REALLY well hidden and sound proof!!! Gonna drop by tjis weekend anyway as i see they've stocked up on some firearms as of late so gotta see what i cannt afford and wait!

7. Own Defense

Own Defense Member

let us know what you find out.

8. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

Because you're not going to learn anything by visiting their website.

9. FreeRoosterSales

FreeRoosterSales New Member

Went in yesterday.

They do in fact have a range. It looked small (as in the number of lanes) but a range nonetheless. They are set up with rental equipment and all of the trimmings. The man at the counter said it had been open a little over a month now.

10. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Has anyone on this site utilized the indoor-range?

11. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

I've shot there the last couple of weeks. I think there's 5 or 6 lanes.
    Pistol only. 15 to 18 yards max. distance.
    Range fee is 10 bucks
    They sell blazer for range ammo instead of reloads. A box of 50 for 45ACP is 18 or 19 bucks. Plus tax!
    They have eyes and ears for rent.

Cedar Creek is a great gun shop. People are friendly and although the shop is small, they have some very high end pistols and rifles for sale. They also have a limited selection of 5.11 clothing and gear.

The range is adjoining the shop on the left side.

Cedar Creek Phone 770-536-9006

12. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Thanks for the info. Is one required to purchase their ammo for use on the range or is personal ammo permissable?

13. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

I always shoot a box of theirs and take a box home.
    But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a problem with you shooting what you bring.

14. railin93

railin93 New Member

took my oldest this past week for a good time shooting...he got to throw some lead with the wife's PK380...he did awesome out to 10yd hitting about 90% of the 100 or so rounds in the X-ring or the main kill shot zones on silhouettes...not bad for a kid that's never picked up a pistol before...showed him the basics and the safe handling of the pistol and he caught on in seconds!!!...

anyway, the range is nice...simple and to the point...no frills...i like it, plus it's less than 2 miles from the house...the range is 5 lanes i think (might have been a 6th)...quiet...viewing window for checking the range...GREAT ventilation system...solid, block wall partitions not cheap wood or composite cubicle walls...great rates on range time and supplies...

btw...they lent me a pair of ear muffs at no charge for my son since his ear plugs were a little too big as they kept coming out when he'd get recoil shake...the whole "trip" was like $22 for two of us and like 6 targets (2 ring types and 4 silhouettes)...didnt rush us to get out in a certain time and the guys there are awesome to deal with...we walked in and were shooting in minutes...no hassle, no wait, no BS...great day and great simple range

15. Own Defense

Own Defense Member

Can you bring your own ammo

16. railin93

railin93 New Member

yes...i didnt have to buy the range ammo but you DO have to use their ammo for their guns if you rent...insurance and range policy prevails there...they are pretty open to any thing used by LEO or military aside for incendiary or explosive rounds...wish i still had my 9mm though...