New push by the Left: % of US Gun owners are very very small

Discussion in 'In the News' started by tmoore912, Sep 20, 2016.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/19/us-gun-ownership-survey

Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners

Exclusive: New survey, part of most definitive portrait of gun ownership in decades, shows just 3% of American adults own half of guns in the US
    I still believe that most gun owners think 'It's none of your business if I have guns and how many I have' when surveyors ask these questions.

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

That would make it 97% that own the other half, correct?

3. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

There sure seem to be a disproportionate number
    of those new gun owners / shooters at my range!

4. phaed

phaed Active Member

americans have been buying guns hand over fist since before it was a nation. those guns don't just disappear. very few break. very few get turned in, and most of those are resold. they have no clue how many guns exist here, and neither do i...and that makes me happy.

5. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

"Harvard study finds unexpected surge in tragic canoe accidents among former firearms owners"

Yes, gun owners tend to lie when random people call them on the phone and ask do they own guns.

6. phaed

phaed Active Member

i bet tons of publicly "anti-gun" people secretly have a gun tucked in their underwear drawer because deep down they know their bull**** philosophies really won't protect them. rules are for other people.

7. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

See, this survey says it's true............if we pass new gun control laws like 'No Fly No Buy', assault weapons bans, high capacity magazine bans and close the 'gun show loophole', we are only really affecting 3% of the population.

See..............that wasn't hard was it?

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Just more lies and BS from the pro-gun control crowd.

This is to be expected, I mean how dumb do you have to be to actually believe that ridiculous statistic?

Its fairly obvious people lie on surveys about owning guns, because they all in the back of their minds know this government is tyrannical and they know there is nothing they can do to stop it, and they know that eventually governments like this turn tyrannical and start banning guns, also history has already shown them that they will ban guns, so they are lying about them right now, afraid at some future date they will use internet postings, emails, text, Social Media Accounts and other things to help them find all the gun owners and raid their homes and arrest them while they are out buying a gallon of milk at their local grocery store.

9. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

It's a calculated information dump. It hasn't even been peer reviewed yet and not publicly released so that we can see the methodology behind the survey.

But it is all over social media and the narrative is being pushed by the main stream media.

Northeastern University and Harvard School of Public Health did the study so it must be true. That's all that matters right now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  10. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

:rotfl:

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I wonder how they square away their survey results with the publicly available NICS statistics showing unprecedented huge monthly increases in FFL transfers over the past decade? The gun manufacturers are showing record sales levels. Where do they think all these guns are going? And all this is on top of the existing firearms base. Guns don't normally turn to dust after X number of years.

And what sane person honestly answers those gun surveys?

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Exactly. Half of the firearms privately owned in the US are owned by 97% of the population.

They estimate slightly under 300M privately owned firearms. How many publicly owned firearms are there?

13. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

To those 3%.

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

That "3%" number seems familiar.

I AM THE 97%

15. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

16. phaed

phaed Active Member

:lol:

nice

17. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

18. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Zogby Analytics

QUESTION: "If a national pollster asked you if you owned a firearm, would you determine to tell him or her the truth or would you feel it was none of their business?"

36% of Americans feel it is none of the pollster's business and that includes 35% of current gun owners 47% of Republicans and 42% of Independents

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...tic-and-international-concerns-300041108.html

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  19. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I don't know about the statistics, but I think it's true that a smaller and smaller percentage of adults in the USA are gun owners (of functional guns that they have ammo for and know how to use), and most of the INCREASE in gun sales of the last 20 years have been hardcore gun nuts like us increasing the size of our collections.

20. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Even if the numbers are correct, what's the point? It's ok to trample the rights of minorities because their numbers are so small?

This must mean that gay rights can be trashed, too, right? They're what, 2% of the population?