New Memeber Here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by TC61, Jun 12, 2007.

1. TC61

TC61 New Member

After being back and forth between Georgia and my home state of Alabama for the past several months, I am now a resident of Georgia and I just got my Georgia firearms license last week.

My name is Tim and my user name is TC61. I live in Fayetteville with my wife and step-daughter.

I am 45 and have held a handgun permit since I turned 21. I have felt somewhat naked the past two months waiting on my GA permit.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to get to know some gun folks here and possibly find someone in this area to shoot with.

And, if anyone can give me some tips or suggestions on concealed carry in GA that will help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Welcome aboard Tim! You should bring the family out to our shoot this weekend!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO TC61!

Ditto to USMC's suggestion.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:welcome:

I'll double ditto what USMC-R said. You should come shoot with us Sat. Since noone has brought it up yet, you may want to look into joining
    http://www.georgiacarry.org

5. TC61

TC61 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! And, thanks for the invite, but I will have to decline because I already have plans to be in Alabama for the week-end.

I should be okay to carry in AL with my GA permit if I understand correctly. Is this right?

Thanks again!

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Correct.

[​IMG]

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

As long as you follows Alabama's carry laws.

8. TC61

TC61 New Member

No problem, I followed them for 24 years. 8)

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That map is looking better and better. Since open carry is legal in NM, I can drive west all the way across the country until I reach California. By deterring up through Utah and Idaho, I can even reach the Pacific Ocean through Oregon, where open carry is legal and there is a Supreme Court case protecting the right to carry openly in a belt holster while driving (but beware of preemption issues).

Once I get my Utah non-resident license (as soon as they realize the error of their ways on the SSN issue, cave in, and issue it to me), that map will have a lot less red on it for me.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Easier than following Georgia's.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member