New member saying hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by glockgirl, Feb 18, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

shot my first handgun last month and now I am the proud owner of a G19! Glad I found this site lots of info and I have lots to learn. So any tips, tricks, or advice you have feel free to share! Esp. if it is about the G19. so far I have learned the basics of load, shoot, and clean but still need lots of range time before I am comfortable carrying.

I would love hearing from some other ladies on how you carry... besides just a purse as I hate carrying a purse!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

glockgirl, Welcome to GPDO!

Good choice on the Glock 19. Mine has never failed me.

Since you don't want to purse carry, this may be an option for you: Smart Carry.

3. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

congrats on the G19.... a great choice... i carry mine everyday... my wife carries a Kahr arms CW9 and she dislikes carrying a purse also, plus if you are gonna carry for protection purse carry may put you at risk from a purse snatch. she carries like her hubby does.... owb holster. works fine for her.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

strangely mine jammed on the 1st round but for the next 5 clips worth no problems.

i won't be able to carry everyday since I work on a university campus but I figured why own a handgun and not be able to concealed carry. does anyone here know how long it takes to get a GFL in clarke co?

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Welcome to the board! :welcome:

6. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

:welcome: Rammstein's suggestion of Smart Carry is a good one.

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Welcome aboard! Great to see more females involved!

I use a smartcarry during the hot months and like it very much.

8. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of good info here...as I'm sure you know (or will soon).

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: Glockgirl. But don't call them clips. They are mags. Great choice on the 19. My first Glock was the 19. I suggest you go over to
    www.Glocktalk.com and sign up. Alot of great info over there on Glocks.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Welcome to GPDO !!! Also welcome to the Glock Family!!!
    Since no one has mentioned it yet, you may want to looking joining GEORGIACARRY.ORG

11. Foul

Foul New Member

These are stripper clips:
    [​IMG]

These are mags:

[​IMG]

Welcome! I'll have to see if I can get my wife to sign up now that we have some female interest going here.

12. jccls

jccls New Member

Wuzzup GlockGirl,

I applied in Clarke County on Oct. 17 '06. I got my license Feb. 5 2007. Yup, that's almost four months. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long.

If you haven't already applied, get ready for an unpleasant experience in the sheriff's office. I think I paid 69. 33 to the probate judge and 36 to the sheriff.

Have you gotten a membership at the firing lane?

13. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

my shooting buddy has already chastised me for saying clips. Please excuse any dumb comments I make but please correct me because I hate doing things wrong!

14. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

:welcome:

G19 is a good gun!! Apply for you GFL and in the mean time get some professional training. www.firearmz.net has some classes geared towards females and some CCW classes that explain (or try to) CC laws in Ga by a pro-gun lawyer, the CCW class goes over what to do and say if involved in a shoot etc. As well as range time. The classes might be alittle far from Clarke Co...you might find some closer but I am familiar with firearmz....

again welcome to the board

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

More training is always good. I recommend the Bianchi Black Widow holster with a thumb break. The main reason is that it is so darn comfortable.

16. Madd Hersh

Madd Hersh New Member

New Member Checking In

I'm new to the site, have been reading on some of the topics for some time now and now I am final register to GCO. I just bought a Glock 23 Comp. and applied for my GFL Feb. 21 at Clayton Co. Beening on this site has giving me a lot of information about the Georgia Gun Laws and some other states I also travel to. Later on I will post my experience at Clayton Co. Probate Court.

Madd Hersh

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Glad to have ya Madd Hersh.

And welcome to GPDO.

18. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

19. tony218

tony218 New Member

welcome to the board.
    where in clayton co. do you live?
    (you can pm me if you don't want it publicly known)
    i live in jonesboro and trying to gather shooting buddies.