New Member in Rock Spring

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Tazfanatic33, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Howdy! Moved down from Chattanooga about 2 years ago. I've been a CCW for the last 14 years and have just now discovered this web site by way of the Concealed Carry Database, which I discovered just recently as well. I've spent the last couple of hours reading some of the posts and I must say that I'm grateful for a place to communicate with like minded people. :D
    Got married a couple years ago, reason I moved to Georgia, and now my wife is very interested in becoming a new CCW. I'm taking her to the range this morning to put a few rounds down range. She is still trying to determine what weapon she would like to carry. I carry a Glock model 22 .40 caliber. I love it. :D

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Welcome.

Post any questions you might have, plenty of knowledgable packers here to answer most questions.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Oh if you have not looked yet, the Gun Laws link at the top of the page is a must read. It spells out the Georgia Laws in plain English.

4. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Thanks

I have posted a question on the range page and look forward to reading posts on a daily basis. :D

5. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Gun Laws

Thanks for posting these on this site in layman's terms. It's really great and makes it a lot easier to read. :D

6. thebugman

thebugman New Member

I just took my wife to a local range for a basic handgun course. I highly recommend this type of course for anyone new to handguns. My wifes confidence level sky rocketed, and she started off with out any bad habbits that form from being self taught. Welcome to the forum.

7. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Where did you go and how much did the course cost? This is the second time I have taken her to the range, the first time she out shot me. This morning when we went, I was a little more on my spot than I was last time and it was pretty close. She likes the feel of my G22 in her hands but doesn't like the recoil. I've been thinking about getting her to try out a G17 and see if she likes that. Thanks for the tip on the course. :D

8. Manwell

Manwell New Member

I've worked with Ken Forbus of Firearmz. Not only is he very expert and a good instructor, he's a real nice guy as well. I would highly recommend him... call or e-mail Ken, I’m sure he has a price structure based on what your needs are.

FIREARMZ
    P.O. Box 344
    Temple, Ga. 30179
    770-853-7883
    [email protected]
    WWW.FIREARMZ.NET

9. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Thanks! Will check into it if the free class I learned about on one of the other sections on this site doesn't work out. It's for the 1st of April, my wedding anniversary. I think it's appropriate. :D

10. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

You might beable to catch up with Ken here on the forum, he regulary posts under the handle "firearmz".

11. thebugman

thebugman New Member

http://www.packing.org/range/georgia/range.php?range=843

I took the class from John. I think he did a pretty good job. I can't really compare him to any other course, my last training was military in 1987.

I hope that you are able to mae the Bass Pro training. I encouraged them into offering the course, so I would hope for a good turnout. Unfortunately I am working that weekend, and can't go myself. If you havn't signed up yet call since it may fill up being free.

12. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Thanks! I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any openings left. If not, then I will get in touch with Ken and see what he has available. Thanks again for all the great information!