New Member in Peachtree Corners

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by joeelyfan, Sep 8, 2016.

1. joeelyfan

joeelyfan Gun Owner

Hello all.
    Just joined about 10 days ago and have been enjoying reading and learning from the all the posts in all the different categories/topics.
    I am a husband, father, military veteran/retiree (Army, 20 years), GWL holder, and a member/supporter of GeorgiaCarry.Org, the NRA, and the SAF.
    I got my first gun when I was five years old -- a shiny cowboy six shooter replica that shot plastic bullets (thanks grandpa!) -- and I have been a gun guy ever since. I currently have a 9mm S&W semiauto and a 1911 in .22 caliber. As soon as I can talk my wife into it, I want to next acquire a compact 9mm for everyday carry and an AR in 5.56/.223.
    Lastly, I don't consider myself a hunter (but I do support those who are), but I would love to go hunting for wild hogs one day. I hear there are some decent places for that right here in Georgia.
    Will close by saying I am grateful for the opportunity to join Georgia Packing, and I look forward to making some new friends here on the forum.

2. Feral

Feral Active Member

Welcome to GPDO!

3. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Hi Joeelyfan, welcome to GPDO

4. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

welcome aboard and thank you for your service

5. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Hi, Joe.
    I agree with you about the wild hog hunting--- that sounds like fun.
    Good luck finding a 9mm carry gun for your wife. There are a lot of good choices out on the market these days. Far more than we had 20 years ago.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Welcome aboard!

For everyday carry all you need is a good holster. There ain't no S&W 9mm too big for EDC. Get the compact pistol for your better half as a gift. "See, honey...I didn't buy myself another gun." :shattered:

7. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service!

8. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

:welcome:

Thank you for your service.