Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm retired Air Force (20 yrs) and moved to Evans in '95. Life member NRA, GWL and now proud member of GCO. Primarily was a shotgun shooter - did a lot of duck, dove, quail shooting when I was younger - then took up an interest in pistols a number of years ago, but have recently purchased a Ruger 556 and now have a new love! That thing is fun!

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot from all the experts.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Greetings and Salutation Good Sir. Hail and Well Met. A salute to your service.

Now that the AR bug has bit you, you will soon realize you need another one. But that one you must BUILD YOURSELF. Buy a stripped lower, and either parts here and there or a full kit. Then sit at the dining room table or your bench and build your own.

That one will have sharper teeth, a bigger mouth and will really attach itself to you.

Nemo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Nemo, it may be a while before I attempt an AR build myself, but it's not out of the question. Just want to really familiarize myself with my Ruger and learn all the bits and pieces of it. Since it's my first of this type rifle it's very foreign to me so want to feel totally comfortable with it's workings. But I agree, building it yourself would be a challenge and very self-satisfying.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome, enjoy and thanks for your service.

:righton:

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Welcome from Martinez!

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Hello to you, Nukem, over in the Savannah area. I'm in the northern suburbs of ATL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts