New member in Cartersville

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Andrew, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Hello everyone, just introducing myself. I work in the Insurance Industry but when I am not working I love to shoot and train. I will spread the word about this organization.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. I hope you do not mind that your first post gets answered with a question, but I thought you might be just the guy to provide some information. Your industry is always taking the blame for workplace policies prohibiting possession of firearms in the workplace by employees. It is often asserted that "insurance copmanies require" such policies for "liability reasons." Can you offer any insights into whether that is truth or urban legend?

3. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Thanks for dropping in.

Bring all your friends. Love to see a lot more people involved on this board.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Someone from my neck of the woods.

I am in Rome

5. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Malum Prohibitum,

I am an independent agent working in an agency owned by my family. I am not sure about the large insurance companys, but probably because of liability reasons or liberal company executives. I dont seem to have that problem here. 8)

Gunstar1,

Good to know, lets get up a shoot, any good places in rome? Possibly the Floyd County Wildlife's club, Ive been there a few times.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I know about the WMA, but not a Wildlife Club.

7. Andrew

Andrew New Member

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow! I would join that in a heartbeat if it were anywhere down on the southside (south of Atlanta, that is).

My eyes were bugging out when I read it. I did not know there was anything like that around . . . I wish it was closer to me . . .

A 300 yard rifle range, too!

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I did not know about it either and I live 15 miles away. I need to give this place a closer look.

Andrew, if it would help tell them you have someone who may join.

10. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Gunstar1,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was away from my computer this weekend. I have a call into my contact and will let you all know something tommorow. I am sure it will be fine due to his previous invitation to try it out.

11. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I spoke with my contact and he said it would be fine for us to come up and try out the ranges. So, who's up for this weekend?

12. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Gunstar1,

PM sent.

13. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

I would like to join in on the fun as well, but the powers that be have me pulling double duty this weekend :cry:

14. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Shouldn't this be posted in the Meetings section, that way people who may not reed the new members section will see it? Might get a few more people comming that way.

15. ABC3

ABC3 Member

Andrew,

Welcome - pull up a chair, there's alot of good information here.

16. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

He joined 3 years ago :) Don't ya hate it when that happens.

17. TecRsq

TecRsq New Member

Welcome Andrew and that is a very nice looking club up there in the Rome area, glad you found us here and I am positive that you will find great people with invaluable sources of information. The general banter is first rate also. :)

18. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

:welcome: To GPDO! And, you might want to check out GCO as well!! It's the best $15 bang you can get!

19. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

THIS THREAD'S ALMOST 4 YEARS OLD!!!