New Member - Gwinnett (Sugar Hill)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by GrimJack, May 10, 2007.

1. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Just wanted to say Hi. Seems like you have a good active group here. I also joined GCO, waiting on my GFL. I am also a member at Bulls Eye in Cumming and ocassional like to shoot the full autos at Bulls eye in L'ville .

Any suggestions on an outdoor range not too far away? The Wilson Shoals WMA seems like a haul.

And if anyone is interested my Avatar is from a comic that my cousin is the artist of.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO TonyG!

You should join us on our next group shoot at Bulls Eye.

4. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

When is your next Bulls Eye shoot? I was just discussing with some of my friends about Shooting on Sunday (Mothers Day). I am anxious to try out my "updated" SKS that I am working on.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Nothing planned as of yet, but every month or so we have one. Our last one was this past Sunday.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

7. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

This past sunday we did the full auto thing at Bull's Eye in L'ville. MP5, Colt and Thompson. Lots of fun and lots of mags to load. Here is a video of some of the fun. Machine Gun Video

8. Dan H

Dan H New Member

sweet vid and welcome!

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Mmmmmmmmmm......tommy gun.......nice.

10. steelhorses

steelhorses New Member

Welcome!

Waz that tommy gun shootin .45 or .22?

Let m eknow when you guys are goin again, I wanna try that!

11. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

It was a .45 and yes it was fun, shoots a little slow compared to the MP5 though. I just joined the Bulls Eye in Cumming so most of my indoor range time for a while will be there. However for the normal rates and the ability to shoot (or purchase) full auto the Bulls Eye in L'ville is a great place, also have about everything you could want to satisfy your AR-15 fetish.

12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Welcome TonyG! Another fellow Gwinnett resident!

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm :-k no web site.

What does it cost to rent (not as much as the ammo, I am sure). Do they have any full autos in rifle calibers, or are they all subguns?

14. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

They charge $5 to rent pistols and $10 for full auto sub-machineguns. I don't think they have any full autos rifle caliber, they might. Give them a call:
    221 Crogan St
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (770) 963-6556
    They are generally pretty nice, they seem to get quite a "variety" of people in there to shoot and people come from all over to shoot the autos. They also have fairly late hours (10pm most days I believe).
    Any rentals must use their ammo, their prices are about the same as most other ranges, within a buck or so I would guess. For less than $40 you can rattle off 5 full magazines in an MP5. Lots of fun. I think they may rent semi-auto AR types in rifle caliber as well.