New member from Dodge City... I mean, Clayton County.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by rvaughn1, Aug 22, 2007.

1. rvaughn1

rvaughn1 New Member

I went to renew my GFL in late December/early January which I have had for 15 years. I knew it would take longer with the new process, but after six months I called to check on it.

The clerk told me they needed more info and I could come in and talk to them. I went in and discovered they had delayed issue due to a TPO on my record from April, 2001, which automatically expired in October, 2001 (ex-wife vindictiveness).

I had to submitt a written summary explaining the TPO, details of the incident, and current disposition. After another month I called and the clerk said the judge wants to know if I would like a hearing. I said yes and filled out a request for a hearing.

I then started researching the state laws and discovered GCO. I began reading about GCO and some of the case law and immediately joined. I was able to attend the summer luncheon and meet some members and I'm trying to recruit more.

I'll give an update on my hearing later, but I am so glad to be a part of GCO.

2. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:welcome: I hope things work out for you.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Glad to have you on the forum.

It was good to meet you at the luncheon as well. I'm sure there will be multiple people interested in the outcome.

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

:wave:

Hey rvaughn1. Glad to see you joined the forum. My wife and I were at your table on Saturday. It was great meeting you and I hope things work out for you down in Clayton. Keep us posted.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:eek: Congrats on taking care of this situation! It looks like you've done everything you're supposed to. I hope you get your license soon.

Just keep calling the court. When the ball's in their....uh, court, I guess, they aren't going to do anything. You have to be proactive with these guys.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if she was ever going to tell you that on her own or she was just waiting for you to call. Maybe she was just about to dial your number when the phone rang . . .

"Hey, I was just about to call you!"

:lol:

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO rvaughn1!

8. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

:welcome:

Isn't Clayton normally a pretty fast turnaround?

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

10. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Welcome! Thanks for volunteering your experience regarding the TPO issue. I do not believe we have a lot of data in this area so it will be nice to get some insight.

11. M249

M249 New Member

Speaking of Dodge City, I've spent quite a bit of time there. It's actually pretty boring. :(