Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some additional mags for the new Sig. Are the Mec Gar and Pro Mags good to go? Or should I stick with the pricier Sig mags? I'm open to other options as well. I haven't had a semi-auto for a while and they didn't really have a strong aftermarket for the XDm when I had one, so I bought factory mags for it.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
RepeatDefender said:
Mec-Gar are GTG, stay away from ProMags
This. :up:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Looks like I'll be looking around for a couple. I think I might need a few of the 20-rounders. :wink:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
If they are going to be used for carry/HD I almost always go with manufacturer's magazines. If it's for the range I usually go with the cheapest thing that works.

·
Registered
839 Posts
A friend of mine got me a Promag 20rd magazine as a joke. He didn't know I already had a couple of SWAT 20rd mags.

I gotta tell you, promag worked great for improving my FTF drill. :shattered: :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mec-Gar made the factory mags for years. I have ran them in my Sigs for years. Depending on the Sig they also the only way to flush fit extend your capacity. 18rds. in p226 or 15rds. in p229 with 9mm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At one time Mec-Gar was the supplier for factory mags for several manufacturers(Sig, Browning, Beretta). They were marked with the company name, but were actually manufactured by Mec-Gar to that companies specs.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
I have used Mec-Gar mags for years. Great stuff. As stated by others, the manufacture the "factory" magazines for many firearm manufacturers. Buy with confidence.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,717 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts