New M&P owner, Canton!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by MCM&P, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

Just picked it up Friday! Can't wait to get to a range for some target practice. Looks like I'll be out of town though for the rest of this work week...bummer looks like I have to wait until this weekend. Reading up on the laws are exhausting! :D I have spent the better half of today reading posts and GCO. I will be wanting to get down to the court house to get my GFL soon. Besides my GA drivers license and proof of residency...is there anything else I need or should bring. I am also wanting to get a CCP. I haven't started reading up on what all is involved in getting a CCP, haven't got there yet today :p Any info on that to help shorten my searching times would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Yes, you can shorten your reading by going to the yellow tab above, "Gun Laws," and clicking on the statutes.

Read 16-11-126 and 128 and 129.

In short, there is no "CCP." There is a Georgia firearms license, and it is needed to carry either openly or concealed.

Good luck with the application. Which county?

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

On this website, there is some information to help you get started.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl.php

Welcome, by the way. What county are you in? At the top left of every page on this site is a drop down menu with county-by-county experiences. You can see if your county is in that list. Have you considered joining http://www.georgiacarry.org?

5. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

:D Thanks guys. I also just read that there is only one license. I had thought there were two...guess I got confooooosed with all the GFL,CCW,CCP's :lol:
    I am in Cherokee county. I have read they were giving some hassle about needing our SSN and employment info. All this even after being served by the lawyers...and yes I became a member today of GCO! :D

6. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Since it's not a competitor...drop on by MP-pistol.com and join the rest of us.

7. Malum Prohibitum

:woohoo:

8. Wiley

Wiley Guest

For registering on GPDO: :welcome:
    For joining GCO: :welcome:

As you read about Cherokee, they don't seem to understand things. When you do apply, GET NAMES, take notes of what was said and by whom. The Powers That Be at GCO will need that info.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO MCM&P!

Don't forget, don't give them your social security number or place of employment if they ask.

Oh...and I think that S&W has a program where you can get a couple free mags...check up on that.

10. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

Thanks for the continued Welcome fellas!

As for the free mags...I was told about that when I bought the pistol, however, after checking S&W site. I was not able to find anything unless I missed it. I had read where some guys had coupons, I didn't see or receive any coupons. The gunsmith said I can send them a copy of my receipt. So I would do that if I knew where to send it directly. :D
    I am going to try and get down there tomorrow depending on when I get back into town, if not it won't be until next week. If I get any flack from the application SSN issue. I'll get names, and take notes!!! :wink:

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:welcome:

You'll love your M&P. I do mine. I'll dig aaround tomorrow and see if I still have the info on where I sent off my mags a few months ago.

12. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

:cheers: Thanks! That would be great!

13. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Welcome to another neighbor. Nice to see more and more Cherokee county folks.

14. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

Thanks! I've been wanting to do this for a while. I have shot guns and all for when I used to hunt. (no time now with current job). Anyway, this is my first pistol, and will be my first time applying for a GFL. My Dad had a Ruger Redhawk .44 but didn't own it till I was long gone out of the house. So I never picked up the want for a pistol until now.

Have you gone up to that range in Adairsville yet?

15. pro2am

pro2am New Member

16. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

17. carvnthetwisties

carvnthetwisties New Member

Hey chief, saw you post on my thread, welcome to both gco and this website, I've learned a lot since reading, but still confused on a lot. I live right off of 92 across from the jeep dealership.