New Laws?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wsweeks2, Jul 12, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Got this through one of those "prohibited" inter-office e-mails. Can anyone tell me if there is a place to verify if this is accurate or not?

Please be aware of the following new driving laws that the police will be ticketing drivers for. Most will not issue warnings for these offenses.

1. Misuse of the car-pool lane- First time $1068.50 starting 7-1-07 (The $271.00 posted on the highway is old). Second offense is doubled. Third offense is tripled and fourth offense is license suspension. Thereafter, the driver may be jailed.

2. Incorrect lane change- $380.00. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

3. Block intersection- $485.00

4. Driving on the shoulder- $450.00

5. Cell phone use in a construction zone -Double fine as of 7-01-07. *** Cell phone use must be "hands free" "while driving".

6. Passengers over 18 not using a seatbelt - Both passengers and drivers get tickets.

7. Speeders can only go 3 miles above the speed limit.

8. DUI = JAIL! (Stays on driving record for 10 years)

9. As of 7-01-07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285.00.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe it. It sounds like the normal chain mail fearmongering.

3. tace

tace New Member

Are you sure this is GA? Sounds like CA to me.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I would think the media would have a field day with this. Havent heard anything as of yet.

Hmmm

any LEO out there know of anything?

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

SPAM, Already busted by Snopes and being changed for each state they send to...

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

FALSE

According to a handy-dandy little booklet called "SUMMARY OF GENERAL STATUTES ENACTED AT THE 2007 SESSION OF THE GEORGIA LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY", published by the Office of Legislative Counsel, there were no such changes to Georgia law. Title 40 relating to motor vehicles was amended in several ways, but not as described in this chain letter.

7. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

Yea,sounds like crap to me.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It is crap..i got it in an email..if I hadn't deleted it already, there was a reply to a link on the georgia .gov website saying it was fake.