New law puts U.S. flag, documents on display in Classrooms

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by jgullock, Jun 25, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I hadn't realized they took flags out of class rooms. I liked living in Tucson 1977-85 but I'm really liking Arizona now... :D

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... s0625.html

2. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

In EVERY classroom might be a bit much, but in this case I'll happily err on the side of overdoing it compared to the alternative.

+1

3. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

I remember saying the pledge of alliegance all the way through school, every day. And you can't say the pledge without a flag. This wasn't that long ago either, I graduated in 03. Maybe they do things differently in Arizona?

Looking back I realize it was indoctrination and I'm not saying that stupid pledge ever again. But their heart is in the right place I guess.

4. M249

M249 New Member

The Constitution with its amendments and the Declaration of Independence should be in every classroom.

I think one flag per school is enough, since we only had one set of the National Colors per post. Some folks go a little overboard with Ol' Glory ;)

5. Foul

Foul New Member

Now if they'll only teach the kids to READ the Constitution and Bill of Rights, without left wing spin, we might be getting somewhere.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Arizona sounds like a good place to raise a family. :-k

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

+1

I'm afraid that those documents are more of a history lesson if anything to most "teachers."

8. maddog

maddog New Member

The better search would be to find a teacher that could teach anything about the constitution or the history of the flag

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I wonder where the lines will be in 20 years. We might be safer here in Georgia than out West.

10. M249

M249 New Member

Eh... I dunno. The invasion of Georgia seems to be progressing quite well.