New Jersey Insanity

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Lurch76, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Lurch76

Lurch76 New Member

2. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Truly asinine on the judges part. I would think there are grounds for an easy appeal. I hope the Second Amendment Foundation gets involved.

3. rdeschain

rdeschain Guest

Wow, that's really screwed up.

What country is New Jersey in?

4. Metalheadisme

Metalheadisme New Member

Would the implied level of scrutiny from McDonald as applying to the states be applicable in an appeal in this case?

Either way, and appeal should be a no-brainer for the judge's egregious behavior.

As a former resident, I can confirm, New Jersey sucks.

5. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

:faint:

6. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

As far as I'm concerned, Judge Morley acted in a criminal manner. He was already dismissed from the bench, but I don't know if that prohibits him from practicing law in other forms. Assuming I'm correct, he should be disbarred immediately. It is clear that he is an anti-gun loon and he acted on those views. Judges are supposed to interpret laws and leave their politics at home. He failed to do this, and as a result, he should no longer be allowed to practice law (and release Mr. Aitken now!).

In other news, reading about the cases that got Morley dismissed, one of them involved a man receiving oral sex from a cow. Legality and morality aside, how could anyone think that's a smart thing to do? I've seen that obnoxious way cows chew, and I'm pretty sure sticking your junk in its mouth is a really crappy idea. Yuck.

7. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

:lol:reminds me of "THE COWBOY WAY" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZv0h4Tt ... re=related

8. Calvin118

Calvin118 New Member

I grew up there too and with God as my witness I would NEVER go back. This story makes me absolutely burn. Score a political point by throwing someone in jail for no good reason to distract voters from the fact that the state is being run into the ground.

9. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

New York City is insanely very similar. I remember what a hassle it was having to go back and forth to One Police Plaza in Manhattan to apply for and get your "purchasing coupon", especially if you were buying the pistol for a decent price out on Long Island. After which you had to immediately take the weapon back down to 1PP for "inspection" and to get it added to your "target permit". This did not allow carry of any sort except to and from an approved range in a locked container separate from the ammunition.

What a hassle that was, and was I ever so happy to get the hell out of there.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I have one general comment.

Juries should be allowed the greatest possible leeway in hearing all the evidence that either side considers relevant.
    If it doubt, let the jury hear it.
    Things that are currently excluded from the juries should probably be let in with an instruction of caution from the judge, saying that this kind of evidence or testimony has often been excluded from courts for reasons X and Y, but now the new policy is to let the jurors hear it and assign whatever weight they think it's worth.

One side will say that the evidence is worthless and should be given no consideration at all. (Example: "Who cares if this guy moved from Colorado to New Jersey a month and a half ago? He'd been storing those guns at his new home or in the trunk of his car for weeks. He was not moving.")

The other side can and should argue that the information is relevant and would provide a valid defense if the jury agrees.

11. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Ditto!

12. rashley

rashley New Member

WHAT???!!! Are you kidding me?! This completely defies the laws of sanity!

:screwy: :banghead: :faint:

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

More madness from the state where it's even illegal to pump your own gas.

14. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Stupid Mom (Good sheep, though))

Stupid Brian (He let them search his car???)

Stupid Cops (They determined he wasn't a threat but searched his car anyway)

Stupid Judge (Refused to allow pertinent testimony... No common sense)

Stupid Jury (Why did they convict if they did not want to?)

STUPID LAWS!!!!!

GRRRRRRR

15. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

As if Jersey didn't give us enough reason to hate them...

16. groats

groats New Member

The judge is probably mad because the gentleman didn't go thru proper channels in order to get and carry a gun in New Jersey:

Join the Mob!

17. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Brought to you by the state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas...

18. samman23

samman23 New Member

why can't they pump their own gas?

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Morons in the legislature who have no understanding of economics and have never read Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt, which should be required reading for anybody holding office. They think it creates jobs. Maybe they should make you turn over your car for somebody else to drive it up to the pump, and somebody else to drive it back to where you are waiting. This, with the gas pumper, would create three jobs instead of just one. Why, the possibilities for job creation are endless if you are a moron.

Oregon has this same law, but you can carry a pistol into an elementary school.

20. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

The origins of the law date back to the early 40's. Their legislators determined that people shouldnt handle such a hazardess material on their own and require trained professionals.

My guess is their kids were so dumb they figured they would never be anything more than a gas station attendant for the rest of their lives, so they created job security for them.

Not saying anything is wrong with being a gas station attendant.