New ITP Range!

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Montieth, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

There is a new gun range going in ITP (Inside The Perimeter).

They're not open yet but they're half done with the range facilities which will likely be open this tuesday the 30th (I went by and chatted with the owner). Their longer 25 yard section will be open likely sometime towards the end of December.

It's called Quickshot and it's over on Zonolite Road near the old Channel 46 station facility. That's near Emory/CDC across from the Sage Hill Shopping Center. 1199 Zonolite Road. They'll apparently be allowing rifle, pistol, shotgun and full auto weapons.

http://www.quickshotshootingrange.com/

2. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 New Member

Thanks for the heads up. It's about time! Right down the road from me...

3. suttree

suttree New Member

VENTALATION is the key to succes.

4. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

I'll give them a once over when they open up.

5. Jason F

Jason F Member

I know they're not open yet, so it's hard to criticize too much....

But what's up with their hours?

Monday - Thursday 5pm to 9pm
    Friday: 5pm to 10pm
    Saturday: 8am to 10pm
    Sunday: 10am to 7pm

Strange they're not open till 5pm during the week.

6. maggie

maggie New Member

Maybe they work somewhere else 7-3 M-F.

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Emory University is full of wealthy young adults from gun-banning northeastern states.
    Some of them would love to try out a clean, well-lit indoor shooting range and get to shoot a selection of handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
    Some of the Emory crowd will get their panties in a wad and probably picket the place and chant peace slogans.
    But I'm glad so see a shooting range open inside the perimeter.

8. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

Either they have other jobs and this is a start up business OR they were required to use those hours for noise ordinance reasons. If they are in an "urban work environment" they may not be allowed to fire until 5pm to avoid noise complaints. (the average work day closing) The hours may be odd BUT at least you get a range nearby. :wink:

9. Jason F

Jason F Member

Oh, I totally get that the owner(s) probably have other jobs for now. I guess it just seemed strange, though practical.

And yes, I'm definitely excited to see a new range ITP. Especially once that's pretty close to my main route in & out of the city via I-85. It'll make running over there after work with friends a lot easier than driving out to American Classic or down to Georgia Range & Guns.

10. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

[​IMG]

This is 1.8 miles from my house!!

11. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Party at Teeter's as soon as we can find it!

12. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

It'll be open carry!

Speaking of OC and ITP, I was OCing at the Rise 'N Dine in Emory Village weekend before last; got a couple of stink-eyes (it is right next door to Emory), but Stephanie (the owner) seemed OK with it. If you're in the Emory 'hood, I recommend it.

Last Sunday I was OCing at the Corner Cafe in Buckhead - got more than a few stink-eyes there; thought the greeter-seater was going to ask me to leave . . . guess the style and charm of Mrs. Teeter saved the day on that.

13. 69953

69953 Guest

Looking forward to checking this range out. My brother lives on that side of town. Maybe I'll take him shooting when I'm in town. :D

14. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I thought ranges were exempt by state law from nuisance/noise laws...?

In any case, since I would wager a great deal of their clientele is going to be people who work 9-5 jobs in town who stop to shoot on the way home, opening at 5 seems to be an efficient use of their time.

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I no longer frequent indoor ranges because of the high levels of airborne lead particulate. It gets in your sinuses and lungs and sticks to your clothing - for the kids to enjoy. :( All the interior surfaces get covered with lead dust as well. If they have a lead free ammo policy, I'll be there all the time, otherwise I'm sticking to outdoor ranges.

16. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

$16/hr is a bit steep.

17. TAP

TAP New Member

Just received an email from the owner last night. First phase of the range is open. Hours are 10am - 10pm for December only. Yearly membership is $400 which is too steep IMO.

18. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Their website is difficult to read with the small font and poor contrast.

19. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

WOW! Somebody built a range a) ITP, b) in DeKalb, c) closer to my house than the next county over.

When is the group shoot? ;)

They've got a link to GCO as well. Lemme make sure I still have cards in the 'ole range bag.

20. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

So it looks like they allow machineguns, centerfire rifles and shotguns on the range, too! This is good, and rather unusual for an indoor range.

I didn't see any list of "rules" for their range on the website. Other than safety rules, of course.

So I wonder if Quickshot allows quickdraw? Quick firing? (I would assume so, if they allow full auto bursts!)
    How about steel-cored ammo? Steel-cased ammo? Shotshells with birdshot? Shotgun slugs?
    BB guns, blackpowder, archery, recoilless rifles, and tracer rounds? (Probaby NOT) :wink: