New Israeli Handgun Sight

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 5, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I guess this is an advantage:

:screwy:

I dunno... looks like it would give you tunnel vision or something. I think it's like a really small red-dot. Maybe it would be cool. I'd rather have night sites.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It looks kinda weird to me.

3. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Sounds like they adapted the same concept as the old school Armson O.E.G sight only for a pistol. It's funny that he's goes on about how easy it is to use and it's mounted on a non firing plastic training gun. If it does work like an OEG it'll be fun to zero.

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I remember those things, we had a bunch in the armory back when I was with the MSSG. Things a Ok for CQB, but forget any accuracy at ranges beyond 50 meters.

I kinda like the concept of the pistol sight, If you see red, they're dead. However I don't think it would be very useful for engaging targets at longer ranges, e.g. 11 yards and out. Would be interesting to test though, but I think it's more hype than substance.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It struck me that the sight radius is too short to be useful.

6. tace

tace New Member

I see that they have been reading too much James Bond. One of his weapons had a similar concept sight called "Guttersnipe" .

7. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

RE: guttersnipe

Kimber or S.A. I think is making a teeny .45 1911 that has a guttersnipe groove machined into in the top of the slide. It's based on a very limited production custom pistol done by some guy in the 1970's.....Svenson of something like that. The idea was for a no-snag deeply concealed pistol. not sure if the guttersnipe was the name for the original pistol or the sighting groove. I've heard the sight groove called that on pistols that have it.

What James Bond film was guttersnipe in?

Here's the Kimber:
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/cu ... trarcp.php

8. tace

tace New Member

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I'm cunfuzzed.

How does it work?

10. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Which one? the gutter snipe or the OEG style israeli thing?

The OEG type sights work on the Bindon Aiming concept. It has to do with how the human brain & eyeballs work together to render an image. here's a short blurb and a flash demo for a non occludded eye gunsight (an ACOG) http://www.trijicon-inc.com/aiming.html You can try it yourself if you have a non magnified red dot sight or EOTech by covering up the objective lens.