New Home Defense Weapon

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrimJack, Oct 4, 2007.

1. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I added a new weapon to my collection this week. A Mossberg 930 SPX.

[​IMG]

I think it will make a great home defense shotgun and should be something my wife could handle. I am looking for a decent but not super expensive light or laser/light combo for it. Something that would mount to the mag tube and have a remote pressure switch. Any suggestions?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I love it. I am so jealous. This is what I wanted originally before I let these guys talk me out of an autoloader. Please Please Please go and shoot it and let us know what you think. Even better, bring it to the Fall Luncheon so I can check it out.

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

5. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

6. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Now what would be a decent light to add to it? I don't want to spend as much on say a Surefire x200 light with a switch. One of the like 9Ps with a pressure switch would be cool but they don't come with a rail mount. So then I would need another adapter to attach that to the rail mount. I would assume someone makes a decent all-in-one unit for this purpose.

7. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

10. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Nice!!!!!! Autoloader as well........ I am thinking in a home defense situation the sound of the 12ga is great in the pumps. But if somebody is in my house or multiple bg's in the house, I want capacity and speed to unload on them.

11. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

If you don't keep one in the pipe the sound of the action is still fairly impressive and the site of it pointing at you I am sure will send shivers down the spine, even if you are standing their in your boxers while you point it at the BG.

12. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

YOU BIG WUSS! Not me, I tried my best to convince you but NOOOOOOOO.....you let the same guys who carry auto's every day to protect themselves & their families convince you that an auto shotgun couldn't do the same. :lol: :shock: :roll:

Congrats, Tony......she's a beauty and I want to shoot it. How bout tomorrow and I'll bring my 229 so you can play with that?

PS: Don't let Volgrad come cause he'll be kicking himself in the butt all the way home and that makes it difficult to drive! :lol:

13. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I was planning on meeting some friends at Bullseye tomorrow, I probably can't make it until about 2 though. I have played with a 229, I just want to own one.

14. VolGrad

Larry - You forget, I haven't ordered the Benelli yet. It is never too late. LOL. I still really do like this Mossie.

15. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Something like this?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82210781

BTW...Nice shot gun.

16. Claire

Claire New Member

Nice shotgun! :)

I love my autoloader - the sound of that loading a shell - especially inside the house - makes quite a sound.

An auto shotgun can't do the same as a pump? :?

me thinks I can cause quite a bit of damage very fast with my autoloader

17. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Grimjack,

where did you pick it up at?

18. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Dick's in Cumming. I have been wanting one for a while after I decided I wasn't going to drop $1400 on a Benelli M4. None of my usual dealers had one in stock, I went into Dick's for some of that $6.98/box Remming 9mm ammo and couldn't resist when I saw it hanging on the wall.

19. VolGrad

No kidding, if you come to the GCO Fall Luncheon, you have to bring it.