New here from Lithonia

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by moonchicken, Sep 9, 2007.

1. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

What's up everyone?

I've been a lurker for several months and I finally registered on this forum. I just recently joined Georgiacarry.org a couple of weeks ago as well.

A little bit about me:
    I lived in ATL for about 5 years while attending GA tech, and got out in 2003. Went back home and worked for about 3 years, and just moved back to the atlanta area on Sept. 2006.

I purchased my first handgun (HK USPf .40) in Feb. 2007 and finally got my GFL in the mail last June (thanks to all the information provided by this website).

A couple of weeks ago I purchased my second handgun, a DA/SA FNP-9 (a very fine piece made by FN Herstal, if I may say so). I also went to my first ever IDPA match that same weekend and it was a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to learning more from this group, and contributing something as well whenever possible.

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

:welcome:

Where were you from before you moved to Georgia?

3. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

:welcome: Glad to see another member from my neck of the woods.

4. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I was born in Puerto Rico (and yes I am a US citizen, for all those who might be wondering :lol: )

I lived there for the first 18 years of my life, and then I came to Atlanta when I started college.

BTW, you see a lot of gun control in puerto rico...mostly by criminals who are in control of guns :x

Once I tasted what freedom is like here in GA, I don't think I'll ever live in PR again. Maybe a visit every now and then to see the family, but GA is my home now. :)

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:welcome: If you haven't checked the threads out yet, please look up the October and November meets posted in General Events.

6. merlock

merlock Active Member

:welcome: and :righton: for joining GCO!

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Good choice!