New Haven officer accidentally shoots daughter

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAGunOwner, May 30, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=6582707

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Tell me again why they can carry in all of the off-limits places?

3. Purge

Purge New Member

The only places off-limits in the Constitution state (that I can see) are the court house and schools. I could live with that.

But I agree with your point. :wink:

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Well that has gotta end the trust between that father and daughter.

5. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Guess she won't be sneaking out at night anymore.

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

yeah...she'll probably be rolling around in a wheelchair

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That'll make it a lot harder to sneak out the window.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:D

9. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Lesson learned... :?

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

1) good thing he is a bad shot; surely (don't call me shirely) he wasn't fireing to wound...
    2) bet daughter is sorry for doing something she wasn't supposed to and I bet she won't do that crap again.
    3) I bet her future boyfriends don't cause any problems. (Would my dad shoot you? Hell he shot me so I really don't think he would have ANY problem shooting you... :lol: )

Not sure if I can blame dad too much. I could care less that he was a cop, what diff does that make? If one of us heard a noise outside our home and we woke up to investigate wouldn't we all be armed as we walked around the house? If, during that walk about, we came across a window that was open which shouldn't be and someone was entering what would we do? Shout "Don't move I have a gun" giving our location away so that the perp can open fire on us first? I don't think I would personally shoot first & ask questions later but I don't know the exact circumstances of the event. I wasn't there so I'll reserve my derision and just say it's fortunate that the girl is still breathing & I hope they both learned something.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He broke a cardinal rule...positively identify your target prior to putting your booger hook on the bang switch.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That's why the good Lord gave us flashlights... nice, bright flashlights that illuminate our targets. Especially targets inside our own homes!

I can't believe he shot without knowing who he was shooting..., but I wasn't there either, so I really can't judge his actions. But, if I were pressed to do so, I be a'judging "STUPID"...!

And, as for the daughter, she is sooooooooooooo grounded!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Taurus

Taurus New Member

That will make it hard but not impossible...If it's one of those light weight fold up wheelchairs, a backpack and a rope could get her out of the house quickly..But she may wanna get a bullet proof kevlar vest and bullet proof kevlar kneepads next time she tries to escape...LOL... ;)

I agree....Either "STUPID" or "DUMASS" , 9 year vet who doesn't identify target before pulling trigger??? And they don't trust us the citizens who own guns??? :roll:

14. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of giving away my position with a light. I know if I get lit up in my house, I know that just behind and to the side of that light is center of mass, two shots to each side to compensate for lefties and right handed shooters.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Just what is it you think the muzzle flash is for?

16. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

That was really a knee jerk reaction from her dad. :eek:

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

He had a flashlight and still couldn't identify his target? :shock:

18. merlock

merlock New Member

I'm really getting scared. All these professionals... :shakehead: