Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

New member here. I'm from Texas, but I'm currently stationed in Savannah, GA. I believe strongly in the idea that we're each ultimately responsible for our own safety and for the safety of those around us. I got my Texas Concealed Handgun License in 2008, but, due to the military, only have a few months of experience carrying.

When I got my CHL in 2008, I carried a Springfield XD45 Service. I had to leave it with my folks, and haven't seen it since. I'll be getting it back over Christmas. I wanted something a little easier to conceal and cheaper to shoot than my XD45, so last week, after a lot of research, I bought a Glock 19.

I don't have much experience with handguns, so I hope to shoot as much as I can afford to. I'd really like to develop my shooting and defensive pistol skills.

I have some questions about where/how I can carry, but I'll save those for another thread.

Stay safe y'all!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Welcome!
:welcome:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Math Teacher!

budder said:
Welcome to GA and welcome to the boards! What part of Texas are you from?
Spent some years in Wharton, TX, SW of Houston about an hour, and spent a couple years in Katy, TX, a Houston suberb.

Also spent a lot of my childhood in Nebraska.

You're from Texas, Budder?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Lawrenceville :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
:welcome: from Marietta.

:righton: :righton:

·
16,485 Posts
OverTork said:
Hello Math Teacher!

budder said:
Welcome to GA and welcome to the boards! What part of Texas are you from?
Spent some years in Wharton, TX, SW of Houston about an hour, and spent a couple years in Katy, TX, a Houston suberb.

Also spent a lot of my childhood in Nebraska.

You're from Texas, Budder?
Went to school at Rice. I used to shoot over at ASC out on Westheimer in the Katy/Sugarland area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
:welcome: from Clayton, where it is presently 14 degrees.

·
Registered
846 Posts
:welcome: From Snellville

Glad to have you anf THANK YOU for your service!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad to have you; Great choice with the Glock...it's not very pretty, but it handles well when you need it. Just keep your finger away from that trigger and don't shoot your groin off! :D

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Texas????? Holy :censored: .....
Sorry, bad habit. Anyways.... :welcome:

·
Registered
498 Posts
:welcome: Thank you for serving and protecting us all!

You are really appreciated.

:righton:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Welcome! Study your exemption under OCGA 16-11-130. You can basically carry any place a law enforcement officer carries on your ID alone. If you maintain your Texas residency, you're even good in South Carolina. Otherwise avoid SC like the plague.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts