New Guy

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by BowStreetRunner, Apr 14, 2005.

1. BowStreetRunner

BowStreetRunner New Member

Hi
    I am a student at mercer law school and co-founder of the mercer law school 2nd amendment society. I read on another web board that one of the GFODL board members was an attorney. If this is true or not I would like to talk to someone from the board our two organizations!
    BSR

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's probably me (although I do not give legal advice on this board). Welcome aboard. My brother is also a member, and he is a lawyer there in Macon (also no legal advice on this board).

There is at least one other registered member who is a lawyer of which I know (again, no legal advice on boards), and there may be more of which I am unaware.

Second Amendment Society, huh? Probably not real popular on a law school campus, or at least that was my experience as President of the Federalist Society at my school . . .

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Welcome, I went to Mercer for a year and my sister got her MD there.

We started a Paintball Club to gather people for weekend battles. It was mainly Comp Sci, Engineers, and ROTC that participated.

4. BowStreetRunner

i play intermurals against some med school folks.
    they consistently have the better flag football teams.
    we aren't quite sure why......but our excuse is that we have less time to practice...... 8)
    how true or not that is is up for debate
    hehe
    BSR

5. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Welcome!

I have an idea for you and the Second Amendment Society and it springs from my prison time in MBA school.

In business school, we were forced to do projects. Mostly they were wastes of time but sometimes they were useful, like building a business plan for a small business. I was wondering if Mercer did the same. If so, here are some ideas that could use some "research":

* Can we file RICO lawsuits against the antigunners?

* Can we have employers held responsible for banning employees from possesing firearms on thier property?

* How can we file suit against cities that ban gun possession

* How can we force the honoring of our permits in non-reciprocity states via Article 1V

These are just some ideas using the Liberal's Playbook of forcing change via the Courts.

6. BowStreetRunner

Mike,
    I'd like to do something useful with the club like you suggested but it would have to be fairly local and hard hitting to maintain the focus of people to work on it. Any other ideas? Anyone?
    BSR

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My thought is organizing editorials and write ups for the local paper, bringing in speakers to support the cause, and general education of the people around you. It might not hurt to have somebody in your group get certified as an instructor and offer free training to females at the school (this is, after all, the demographic from which most of your opposition comes). Familiarity usually helps people overcome their fears.