New guy from Macon

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by alowisney, May 18, 2005.

1. alowisney

alowisney New Member

Found this site through packing.org. I got my CCW last month and have carried every day since.

2. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Welcome aboard

Glad to have you.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

How was your experience obtaining the firearms license in Bibb County? We are trying to collect personal experience in the various counties. Please see the GFL link, above, for details on the type of information we are seeking.

5. alowisney

alowisney New Member

I'm so sorry I've taken so long to reply to this. :oops: I've been forgetting to check this site.

The probate court office is downstairs and is pretty easy to find. The staff there are very nice and friendly. I applied and was told by the staff that it would take from 4 to 5 months to get my license. People at the gun stores I frequent and the indoor range in town that 90 days was the minimum time to get the license. I called on day 90 and was told that my license would be ready the next day. I had been told by other people that it could take up to 6 months. I came by and picked mine up as I was afraid of my license getting lost in the mail because that's happened before with other important things around here.

Overall it was a good experience, I just think they drag their feet about issueing for some reason. My father in law got his in Macon County in less than 30 days.