New Guy from Augusta

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by GCSU1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. GCSU1

GCSU1 Guest

Just turned 21 a little while ago and purchased my first handgun. Live in Augusta go to college in Milledgeville GA. hopefully get my carry permit.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:welcome: You will get it (assuming you don't have any disqualifications). It really is just a matter of time. Which hand gun did you buy?

You should check out GCO, by the way.

3. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

4. GCSU1

GCSU1 Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome. To answer your question ptsmith24 I purchased a Ruger p Series. I know it isn't one of the best but it was affordable and came recommended one of the best guns for that price range. It shoots well.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:welcome:

The cost of a firearm is not always an indication of how well it performs it's duties. I believe the hand holding has more power than the cost.

If you do not have any reason that would disqualify you from getting a GFL don't hope, it will come some counties longer than others.

Also check out GeorgiaCarry.ORG, you see links on all the pages.

7. M249

M249 New Member

:cheers:
    <insert>shameless plug encouraging you to join GeorgiaCarry.org here</insert>

8. misawa

misawa New Member

:welcome:
    My home town! The Old Capital Gun Club has a pretty nice range that rarely has anybody at it. Not sure when the next trip home for me is, but if you'd like to do some shooting send me a pm or email and I'll see if my uncle can squeeze one more in.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

+1

10. phaed

phaed Active Member

Howdy gcsu1, and welcome aboard. i just left from there (augusta). Shooters is a good indoor range to try out your new weapon. Pinetucky is a good outdoor range. The rod and gun club on fort gordon is a nice long range facility (targets included), but is hardly ever open. American Sportsmen (west on Washington) is the best gun store in town with great folks and good prices.