Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned 21 a little while ago and purchased my first handgun. Live in Augusta go to college in Milledgeville GA. hopefully get my carry permit.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
:welcome: You will get it (assuming you don't have any disqualifications). It really is just a matter of time. Which hand gun did you buy?

You should check out GCO, by the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. To answer your question ptsmith24 I purchased a Ruger p Series. I know it isn't one of the best but it was affordable and came recommended one of the best guns for that price range. It shoots well.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
:welcome:

The cost of a firearm is not always an indication of how well it performs it's duties. I believe the hand holding has more power than the cost.

If you do not have any reason that would disqualify you from getting a GFL don't hope, it will come some counties longer than others.

Also check out GeorgiaCarry.ORG, you see links on all the pages.

·
Romans 10:13
4,651 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
My home town! The Old Capital Gun Club has a pretty nice range that rarely has anybody at it. Not sure when the next trip home for me is, but if you'd like to do some shooting send me a pm or email and I'll see if my uncle can squeeze one more in.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Howdy gcsu1, and welcome aboard. i just left from there (augusta). Shooters is a good indoor range to try out your new weapon. Pinetucky is a good outdoor range. The rod and gun club on fort gordon is a nice long range facility (targets included), but is hardly ever open. American Sportsmen (west on Washington) is the best gun store in town with great folks and good prices.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts